Sportech chrome windscreen

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, here's the deal.  This auction claimed that this non see thru windscreen was an EXACT OEM replica of the stock windscreen and would be a "PERFECT FIT" with all the stock pre-exisiting hardware.    

Has anyone ever used SporTech windscreens before???  Am i missing something here?  Cause I have removed my stock screen plenty of times and that puppy just slides in an out as smoothe as butter!   Ive pushed and jarred on this one so much, my fingers hurt!  

Check out the diff in pics....

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144882901 -->

chromesWindscreen_arrow.JPG

Now, unfortunately, the eBayer's return policy is gonna cost me a nice pretty penny to get my money back, like 20% of the actual price. I know this may not be the "ethical" way, but noticing how the package arrived, it would save me about $30 to just put a nice size "crack" in the screen and file a insurance claim with UPS! Any thoughts?? oh, and yes, the item was insured up to $100, which would refund me my entire amount.

I am using a sportech V-flow and haven't had the problems that you are talking about. How do you like it when it is installed, or have you not gotten that far yet?

Thats my problem.  I mean, i tried every which way to get this thing in there, and it WILL NOT fit.  I cant even get it close to try and get the hardware to line up to force it to fit!  Ive heard better things about the VFLOW, but apparently this is the ORIGINAL SHOW CHROME piece, and is labeled as being an "EXACT OEM FIT" to the 99-04 Hayabusa.  

The screen looks amazing sitting there, if the darn thing would just fit im sure it would be awesome!  Gonna have to get used to the "non see through" switch.

Still waiting on seller from eBay to get back to me and let me know what the next step is.

Chemist

Sir-

I have a chrome Sportech V and hate the damn thing. It installed fine, but I get an annoying vibration from the windscreen right around 5000 and up on the RPMs.
I've tried everything but RTV to "buffer" it from rubbing on my body work.

Just my two cents.

I did notice that I had to pull the push pins out when I remove and tinker with it. The stock one slides right in.

Give it a try.

Corso

Hey corso, yeah, i pulled the pins, had the panels there on the nose completely off, and this thing aint movin! its not a VFLOW. As u can see from the pics, its obvious that the little "flaps" ive denoted are what slide in under the nose piece and fit it in place BUT, this screen lacks them and the curvature of the screen itself is not allowing it to "slide right into place" like the auction guy described.

Luckily i bought this from an actual dealer, but he is of no immediate help. Told me to contact SporTech and tel them the problem for they should aknowledge the warranty due to product defect. I dont know, this is gonna turn into a HUGE headache before its over with!

Any ideas on a good, CLOSE TO EXACT fit chrome windscreen? kind of thinkin about goin back to the see thru, just for safety purposes. Thanks guys!

Chemist

I have the sportech chrome on my '05 w/ no problems. Wish I could tell you more but my dealer did the install for free for me. No vibrations, no buzzing, and it's perfect.

hmmmmm we will see when i get my chrome sport tech on wend

I'll stay away from SporTechs... might want to let them know what happened asap.

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145019874 -->

But which Sportech screen are yall usin? apparently there is a small difference between the 2, the VFLOW and the "original show chrome". The latter is the one i have, and after speakin to SPORTECH today, they have given me a RMA # and will replace my screen with another one. AND, since the VFLOW is the same price as the orig. show chrome, they will send me that one instead of another one like the one i have.

Hope this doesnt turn into a lng process! Cant figure out why ended up with the defective screen!! ;)

I'm using a Sportech V-Flow black chrome screen. The mounting holes line up just fine but it's not exactly an OEM fit.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145130684 -->

sportech_fairing.jpg

Thanks East, i talked to em, there gonna get me a VFLOW out this week. See, i figured if they said "exact oem fit" that it wouldnt necessarily be an EXACT fit, but atleast the holoes would line up and I could get it on! Not with this one, one side is as much as inch and a half off with other side hole in alignment. Hopefully the new one will remedy the problem!

the first batch of the screens were not correct the factory said they would replace with a new one from another batch.

not sure what you can do since you didn't buy it direct your self ?

Yeah bird, SporTech has agreed to replace my screen at no charge, and no charge for shipping. I was expecting a long drawn out process, but they were very understanding, quickly gave me my RMA # and we were good. Lookin forward to gettin the screen on soon, will post pics and let everyone know how it comes out

Chemist

Back