SPORTEC M-3

MetalDisorder

Registered
I know very little about tires. Wore out my first rear tire
Anyone running a 200 SPORTEC M-3 on their Busa.
I am looking for something that will not wear out as fast in the middle ... Damn strait Florida roads ...
I have been told that some have harder compound in the center,

This is my second pair, M-3s are more round than all other tires , even the M-1s .
Because of that, i can lean more.They will last me apprx. 1500 miles, depending the degree of aggressive riding maybe 2000 miles @ the very most.
I could mount the dunlop 616, or the michelin tour, and get 8000 miles. But that would be sacrificing performance and safety over economy, a big no-no

M3's are twisty tires, and a damn fine twisty tires at that. I think you would be disappointed, don't think a guy would get much more then 3000 tops out of a rear tire with any kind of aggressive riding...

I got 4200 out of my M3 rear (190 though) after the BT56 gave up at 2900 miles. 25% better mileage and much better traction everywhere. Great tires!

(bigoltool @ Feb. 19 2007,11:19) I got 4200 out of my M3 rear (190 though) after the BT56 gave up at 2900 miles. 25% better mileage and much better traction everywhere. Great tires!
Thank you guys.
Thank you guys.
I do not want to sacrifice safety for $$ or mileage.
I will give the new M3 a try and post my results.
On the type of riding I do.. I have to travel about 40 miles to real good twisties then there are some good ones. At my skill level I need all the help I can get
crazy.gif

I do like to blast off every time I can. (Why have all this power if ya don't use it)
I think the 'ol pulling the front tire a foot off the ground
at the stop sign at least once a day may be almost as much responsible for the center wear as the 4800 miles :-)

Try the pilot Powers. I live on the interstate and these tires hold up much better than the stock Bt56. Mine have 3000 miles and are showing some wear in the middle but should go 5000 easy.

Back