Sportchrome.com  REDEEEMED

Lyrikz

Registered
You know how sometimes you purchase something online from a shop and occasionally someone messes up somewhere.. What seperates the good shops from the AWESOME shops is how they handle their screw ups...

I sent my rims to be chromed by sportchrome.com. I got my rims back within a week since i did the exchange and the chrome was awesome.. Plus they overnighted it to me.. Well, one of the rims they sent me was bent... I was of course pissed off since i paid 70 bucks to have them overnighted to me.. I call the owner John and tell him and he says "send it back, it seems maybe the bearings you had installed were installed wrong because we test every rim that goes out" So i send it out to them and i get a call today and he tells me how they had screwed up and sent me a different customers rim whos was bent and they were having it fixed. He apologized and also reimbursed me the cost of the overnight shipping and the cost of having the tires mounted, and they were sending the new one overnight... $120 total...

Now i know your thinking why would you recommend a place that fucked up, well, nowadays EVERYONE seems to #### up every now and then but its the really GOOD places that acknowledge that they fucked up , apologize, reimburse and get you your stuff as soon as possible... I just really wanted to put in a good word for a great company.. I wouldnt hesitate to send something back to them because i know if they did happen to drop the ball, they would pick that poop back up and slam dunk it .. ahaha..

ANywasy, im just gald i actually picked a good business for ONCE...

Later guys..

Oh, heres the bike. and the front rim.
Diyracing.com Domain Gone

Sometimes things just work out ...without all the drama
biggrin.gif

Sounds to me they have a great customer service very important.
Bikes looking sweet.

I see your chain rubbin on your carpet... have fun gettin the lube outta the carpet
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, I have read nothing but great review about John @ sportchrome. He is good peeps like Tom @ Veltune. I wish everyone took as good of their customers as these folks do!

Is that a STICKER on your swing arm!!
wow.gif
uh, ya that is a sticker on the swing arm.. i think it tells you about the chain and poop.. i removed all the other stickers. ahaha. i didnt even notice that.. ill read it and make sure its nothing important.. good eye there... fuckin stickers SUCK> ahaha... even thouhg the bike is covered in em..

Lyrikz the chrome looks sweet. I was thinking about it what did it run for the exchange.
well, thats whats weird.. I sent my rims out on monday from washington state and i had the new rims on friday.. ahaha.. they once they got them, they overnighted them to me. Bu tthey didnt charge me the exchange price. They charged me 450 dollars... So, 450 plus 20 dollars shiping to them, and 70 return shipping to me, minus the 110 dollar credit for the #### up, it came to 430 after all said and done...

Lyrikz the chrome looks sweet. I was thinking about it what did it run for the exchange.
also, forgot to mention the bearing costs... and tire removal and installation.

to have my bearings removed and tires removed and everything REassembled it came to 125 bucks... Add on top of that the cost of new bearings and seals which was right around 100 bucks..

BUT, i didnt need new bearings i found out... For some reason my suzuki shop doesnt have the bearing removal tool, they just hammer poop out... ahaha.. a noraml good shop can get your bearings in and out without good time them up, so you can save some money on bearings.. now if you have anything above 5k on the bike i would just change em since they are out.. or if you ride in the rain, or pressure wash it and stuff...

Did you go with the ceramic bearings or just the stock ones? Also did they mar the chrome when the tires were put on

Did you go with the ceramic bearings or just the stock ones? Also did they mar the chrome when the tires were put on
No, i didnt go with ceramic, no need..

They did not mar the chrome... if done right and by someone who knows what they are doing you will be fine.. just make sure when they attach it to the machine that they have the holders tapped up really good and have towels on them also.. mine was PERFECT no scuffs at all. thats what i was worried about.. and thats what im worrying about again since i have to bring them back.

Back