SportBike West - British Columbia, pics

Haywood

Registered
A little preamble is required, but bear with me..

SportBike West is an annual event held in the Okanogan area of BC. The estimates we heard were 400-500 sport bikes were in attendance. (www.sportbikewest.com).

Anyway, with everything going on (family life, looking for work, relatives moving to town, blah blah blah), I wasn't sure until essentially the last minute whether or not I'd be able to attend this year. With the attendance what it is, getting a room on that short notice is pretty tough if not impossible (people I know rented their place in February). BUT, get this, BLKBLU04 (Dave) and his wife live right in the area. After a PM, and talking to Dave on the phone he said "no problem" and he and his wife opened their house for my brother (TinMan; aka Andrew) for the weekend! Can you believe it?!! I think BLKBLU04 should change his screen name to SuperDave! Not only that, Dave was our personal tour guide while we were there.. he showed us roads that I've only dreamt of!
biggrin.gif
Believe me, BC has wicked roads! Dave, what can I say? Thank you very much again for the hospitality, which I hope to be able to repay if you're ever in my area!

So, here are some pictures.. 11 for now.. more later in a separate post, when I exchange pics with BLKBLU04 and Homey who both had digital cameras with them too.

Here's a partial view of one of the roads leading up the mountain... This picture doesn't really do it justice. This road has banked corners in places, and has hairpins with posted speeds of under 20mph (30kmph).

Partial_road.jpg

Dude without helmet dropped his bike in the 20kmph downhill.. we didn't see it happen, but he seemed ok.

crash_victim.jpg

near the end of the day.. from left, BLKBLU04, Homey (gixxer750), me, and TinMan ('03, gixxer 1000). We must have had 10 others drop off due to fatigue or whatever, so this is what was left of our group.

End_of_day__small_group_left.jpg

Looks like you had a great time guys....I was fishin a couple hours away......Wish I hadda stopped in.......me n wifey's weekend alone though!!

Back