Sportbike Rental

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
OK heres the deal. My brother, who I have never had the chance to ride with, lives in Seattle. My Dad GSXCite and I would love to have him down to the bash with us in April. Simple math tells us that him driving with his GIXXER in his truck = to much money and too much time away from work. This is not an option. Now if we were to find someone in that area that would rent a sportbike to a fully insured rider, flying him in for the bash is an option. Matt is a very experienced rider, hell he rides twisties everyday up in Seattle. Does anyone have any suggestions or where to look to solve this problem? It would really mean alot to us (Dad and I) to ride with him, let alone with the great people here at the org at the dragon. Thanks, Chris

(GSXTacy @ Feb. 04 2007,12:22) OK heres the deal. My brother, who I have never had the chance to ride with, lives in Seattle. My Dad GSXCite and I would love to have him down to the bash with us in April. Simple math tells us that him driving with his GIXXER in his truck = to much money and too much time away from work. This is not an option. Now if we were to find someone in that area that would rent a sportbike to a fully insured rider, flying him in for the bash is an option. Matt is a very experienced rider, hell he rides twisties everyday up in Seattle. Does anyone have any suggestions or where to look to solve this problem? It would really mean alot to us (Dad and I) to ride with him, let alone with the great people here at the org at the dragon. Thanks, Chris
Don't know if you will find one in the area, but there are a few rental places that do handle sport bikes.

It would be a killer business, I know you can rent harleys all day long.

I've seen plenty of place located in California and Las Vegas, but I'm guessing you probably won't find any place like that in Seattle.

Plus all the ones I've see allow a very limited number of miles before you have to start paying extra for additional miles.

(justin726 @ Feb. 04 2007,14:29) I've seen plenty of place located in California and Las Vegas, but I'm guessing you probably won't find any place like that in Seattle.

Plus all the ones I've see allow a very limited number of miles before you have to start paying extra for additional miles.
He live in Seattle and has his own bike there. We want him to come to the busa bash in Deals Gap in April.

Check with a local dealer to see if they would rent out a used one they have for sale?

Now that i think of it I saw on an episode of Super Bikes where they rented a bike for one of them to ride to a bike event.

my buddy goes to Hawaii, and gets to "Rent" a bike while there for a month. He basically buys it and then sells it back to the dealer - pre planned dealer deal - and it ends up only costing him a thou or two. dont know if that helps, but local dealers may allow that if you honor buying it if you wreck it.

I found a place that is going to be renting these near The Gap.
http://www.thundermountainnc.com/

KLR650.jpg

Dayum, a car would run you less than 1K for a month. That would be a profitable business.
beerchug.gif

I have a 98 blackbird in need of carb work. I will not get to it till summer. If you wanna borrow it, you would have to get it running again. I let it sit to long.

GSXTRACY, I have met and know your dad down in kansas city, a buddy of mine kawiboy11 and I and some other guys went down there in september to KCIR to race and met up with him and rode all over the city for a night. Your dad has talked a bunch of us from Omaha into coming down for that event and I am sure that we could work something out for your bro! I don't have an extra bike but have friends and family that have plenty of extras, my brother has a 2001 bandit 600 that I got him a deal on that I am sure he would be willing to rent out if I asked him. Let me know!!!
super.gif
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa99b/w @ Feb. 04 2007,17:32) GSXTRACY, I have met and know your dad down in kansas city, a buddy of mine kawiboy11 and I and some other guys went down there in september to KCIR to race and met up with him and rode all over the city for a night. Your dad has talked a bunch of us from Omaha into coming down for that event and I am sure that we could work something out for your bro! I don't have an extra bike but have friends and family that have plenty of extras, my brother has a 2001 bandit 600 that I got him a deal on that I am sure he would be willing to rent out if I asked him. Let me know!!!
super.gif

beerchug.gif
Damn that would be killer. I'm listening to all options! My dad has ridden his whole life, but my bro and I didnt start riding streetbikes till after we were out of the house. So, the first time my dad and I ever rode together was 3 years ago, dad on his shadow 750 and my big azz in my step moms rebel 250! We still had a blast. The next time we rode together we were both on busas. This crazy bike has made our relationship a good one and got to ride together at the gap last year. Its was one of my most memerable trips ever! I would be just that much beter if my little bro was with us next time. Heres a pic of me and dad at the bash last year. Great memories!

P1010026.JPGsmall.jpg

There is a place outside or Robbinsville that rents KLX 650 dual sports.

Back