SPORTBIKE ONLY Bike night

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
The bike nights around local Des Moines Area are plentiful. All are 80-90% cruiser bikes. Usually the few sport bikes that show up are shoved out to a nearby parking lot or on the grass or ignored altogether.

A buddy of mine that co owns a brand new dance club AND ride a DUC749 and MV, wants to host a Sportbike ONLY bike night there. I think it's a great idea. The club caters to the younger and faster crowd anyway, complete with a dress code and the radio ads will say something about bringing your sportbike out - not sure if it will say something else like "No loud, rusty, oil dripping crusiers allowed" but it might. I don't know yet.

Anyone see a problem with this? I think it would be great to gather most of the sport riders to a place that actually WANTS them to hang out for an evening.

Will they drink? Sure, everyone does, but usually I see the sport riders drinking responsibily.

If this goes down, I'll post pics

For the locals, we're taking Club LUXX, possibly next Thrusday eve.... yes same night as the other BIG bike nights

We tried it here at a new establishment. It was pretty much sportbikes only for the first 2 weeks. Now it's overrun by cruisers. Not much you can do about it without fostering ill will amongst the cruiser crowd. Oh well. We still have a good time.

Just push it as a sport-bike gathering, but allow others as well.
beerchug.gif

but if we ALLOWED others, it would be packed to unsafe levels. we want to make it seem like a certian style of bike. Like, I wouldn't want to goto a "Chopper bike night" if that's how it was advertised - unless I just wanted to go LOOK - not ride the bus in and park next to all the choppers

I hope it works out for you. I think a "sport bike night" is a good idea. There are places around here that have "harley night".

Seems like we are just out numbered by crusers.
crazy.gif

sounds like a great idea greg. Too bad I"m 2 hrs away and I couldn't make it otherwise I would be sooo there.
super.gif

<marquee>on my polini
race.gif
</marquee>

Back