Sport Tour Screen Puig or ZG?

sweeper

Registered
UPDATE: Bought the Puig ST screen and absolutely HATE IT. If you thought gauges were hidden by the stock screen just imagine a screen with the same lines but 4 inches longer and a slight turn upward at the end. I now can not see anything but my odometer and I'm 6' 1" for reference. To see my speed tach etc. I have to get in a race crouch. Not much in the way of wind protection. With the normal "sit up" posture for touring the stock screen places fairly smooth air at the neck and up whereas the Puig puts all the turbulence right at the face. Charles from Street and Track was great on price and timely shipping but will be contacting him for a ZG ST version. The Puig may look okay but man does it suck for anyone wanting any relief for the longer rides not to mention having no idea how fast I'm going.

I am selling the Puig for $55 shipped if anyone is interested.

Did a search but did not find what I was looking for.  I want to try a sport tour screen but unsure of whether the Puig or ZG would be the best one.  Can't find good pics of the Puig ST screen on the web...thought someone out there could help.  I need to let Charles (Street and Track) know something soon.

For what it's worth I'm getting ready to order the Puig Race DB. Seems to have common approval over ZG here.

Both are good but majority opinion like the ZG better so I'm going with the flow of experience.

im looking for a high definition yellow windscreen can anyone help me with that
beerchug.gif
??
poke.gif

I tell ya I have a ZG and it S#$%s ,really its flimsey just not a well built windscreen like puig and others .just my .02cents sorry.....

Well, the big brother computer I'm on doesn't let those pics come through.  Oh well the price of freedom.  LOL  Sounds like the ZG may be pretty flimsy and with the sport tour shield being taller that doesn't sound like a good thing.  Maybe I should tell Charles to make it a puig?!!!
rock.gif
!!!  Just can't find a darn picture of one anywhere that this govment puter will let me see.

Went ahead and told Charles to send the Puig.

Thanks for the help guys.

Flimsy, how strong does it need to be. I have had mine well over 150 mph and no issues. It fits the bike well, I think it looks good and it is the tallest one out there. I have had rocks bounce off of it and not hit me in the face without any damage to the shield. Price is good, I got mine as a second off EBay for $39. I dont see how you can beat that. The other brand may be a bit stronger but it is also most costly and does not offer as high of protection. My 2 cents...

(sweeper @ Sep. 18 2006,14:31) Did a search but did not find what I was looking for.  I want to try a sport tour screen but unsure of whether the Puig or ZG would be the best one.  Can't find good pics of the Puig ST screen on the web...thought someone out there could help.  I need to let Charles (Street and Track) know something soon.
I had the Puig Touring screen and now the Puig Dub-bub. Honeslty, I'll never go back to the touring screen. 2 reasons why:
1- Dub-bub looks better (to me anyways)
2- Dub-bub offers better wind protection (again ... to me)

I noticed how the TS swoops upward and I assumed the dub-bub allow more wind to hit me since it comes straight back. Once I tried it out, I found that just wasn't the case.

Also, I heard finding a Puig TS isn't very easy.

Same here. I was debating whether or not to get the ZG ST or the Puig ST. After doing a little search here and looking at some pictures, I really like the look of the Puig.
I called  Charles from Speed N Track and placed an order for the Puig Dark Smoke Sport Touring Screen and Suzuki half tank bra. I just recieved the package and the screen was scratched. The bra is carbon fiber look alike and fits PERFECT. Its beauful! As soon as I get the new Puig, I will give U my input. If for any reason Im not happy, I think I will go with the ZG Double Bubble which I have used in the past with good results.  
PS: This forum is really awesome! Tons of info and tons of great people  
bowdown.gif

(StreetnTrack @ Sep. 19 2006,21:54) What does TS mean?
TS = Touring Screen. If you try to order from almost any website, they'll have (or at least had) 3 options.
- Standard which is an aftermarket stock-style screen.
- Race which is the double bubble (dub-bub)
- Touring Screen (TS) which is the verion IFLYLOW (Puig) and JQBusa (Zero Gravity aka ZG) are showing.

Well I finally took a ride after I got home at 3am and decided to try out my new Puig DK Smoke Sport touring. Comparing this new windscreen to the stock, the only difference I noticed (in shape) was the Puig extends upward by the lip. Puig is about 3" longer. From the point/front of stock screen to a little (1") before the lip of the Puig they both are pretty much the same. Good quiality. So after the quick ride, here is my input. Keep in mind Im only 5'10"
1- Cannot see the turn signal signal, FI, and oil light unless bending down a little. Total bummer.
2-Good protection until U hit over 40mph. Wind is directed off the chest and U feel it from the neck up.
3-I felt a rush of air directed directly behind the screen.

Now here is my opinion on the ZG Doubble Bubble on my ZX11 (I know, different bike, just trying to help):
1-Much higher/upward design allowing me to see the WHOLE dashboard  
smile.gif

2-Forms a pocket/bubble around the rider. U feel soft wind. If U extend your hand outward U can feel the hard gust of wind on hand  
smile.gif

3-Since screen is slanted upward, U can actually lean slight forward to let your helmet touch the lip of screen and cut through the wind in highway. Really sweet!  
smile.gif

So as U can see, I should have gone with the DB but I thought (after reading this forum) the ST would provide more protection. Wrong. That leaves me with:
1-MRA Touring, but too expensive  
crazy.gif

2-ZG ST. This screen is shaped much upward compared to Puig but looks kind of corny. Debating whether or not to give it a try  
rock.gif
Anyone?

If I cant be convinced that ZG ST is great, then I will go with either Puig DB or V Flow. I hope was heplful.

PS: I feel the Puig ST is great for someone under 5'10". I will let my ST go for $60 tyd

smile.gif

smile.gif

I have the ZG, I can see all my gauges perfectly. It provides much better protection form the windd that the stocker. I would say the wind hits right in the helmet area. I still get whacked with bugs but not many get below the visor. Maybe some don't like the loks and some say it is flimzy but I have had zero problems and no deflection of the windshield at +150. So I am very happy with the ZG....

Back