Spools

houstonbussa

Registered
I've looked at a couple of post regarding stands. Quick question is are spools really that much better and secure to sit on vs a stand that lifts by the swing arm? I'm about to pull the trigger on the t-rex universals, so it don't much matter, BUT wondering if I should spring for the extra $12.50 for the set of spools....

I've looked at a couple of post regarding stands. Quick question is are spools really that much better and secure to sit on vs a stand that lifts by the swing arm? I'm about to pull the trigger on the t-rex universals, so it don't much matter, BUT wondering if I should spring for the extra $12.50 for the set of spools....

I had a swingarm stand and it was very hard to get up under. I recently just got my T-Rex stand and spools via FedEx this week and I am so much happier with it....

Oh and by the way.... T-Rex gives free spools when you buy the stands :thumbsup:

Ive had both and never had an issue with either, Swingarm stand is a little easier to get up on because you dont have to try and hit the spools, But then again there not that hard to hit.

I got the front triple tree stand and rear stand combo. They threw in spools and also a fork stand adapters if i dont want to hold it up by the triple tree for free.

Ive had both and never had an issue with either, Swingarm stand is a little easier to get up on because you dont have to try and hit the spools, But then again there not that hard to hit.

I always had trouble getting my swingarm stand on because of the exhaust sticking out because i have 20" cans and also the rear brake line getting in the way which wasnt much of trouble, mainly the exhaust. It all depends on your bike and the kind of stand you get i guess

I always had trouble getting my swingarm stand on because of the exhaust sticking out because i have 20" cans and also the rear brake line getting in the way which wasnt much of trouble, mainly the exhaust. It all depends on your bike and the kind of stand you get i guess

Your probably right, I had a spool stand until I got my 240 kit then went with the swingarm stand. As for the exhaust I always had the Shorties so mine didnt get in the way.

I can tell you this though, If you stretch the bike you wont be able to get the stand to reach the spools before the stand hits the tire.

Your probably right, I had a spool stand until I got my 240 kit then went with the swingarm stand. As for the exhaust I always had the Shorties so mine didnt get in the way.

I can tell you this though, If you stretch the bike you wont be able to get the stand to reach the spools before the stand hits the tire.

No plans to stretch ever. Looks cool if done right, but over all, just not my thing.

With spools is so much more secure if you ask me.
No chance of it slipping or moving or coming off swingarm when it's hooked on there.
If it's just on a swingarm stand and you wanna put it up on a front stand the motion of doing so could pull it or slip it off the rear one. With spools if it moves forward a few inches while putting it up on a front one it will not come off. Also if you need to move bike just a bit back and forth having it on spools allows you to do so whereas without is in my op most dangerous to do.

I wish I could get spools for 12 bucks, I paid 49 for the yoshi spools... never even seen the stand.. I always pull them off before lifting the by the swingarm to avoid scratching them:whistle::whistle:

Back