Spongy Front Brake Fix ??

OB_FalconCOP161

Registered
Has anyone Put on a set of Stainless front Brake Lines on their Busa ?

Line Maesurements and any encountered problems would be appreciated.

This is the Only problem I seem to be having with my New Bird.

Thanks in advance Cop161 ®

I had the local speed guy put stainless on my fronts and I couldn't more pleased.

I pulled out of his place and squeezed hard at 30 mph, was disappointed, then ran off home at 90 figuring I'd wasted my loot.

At 90 I grabbed my usual aggressive handful, hoping for something new, and locked up the bloody front wheel!

I was totally pleased.

The stainless lines reduce lever effort by half, in my case.

Not that it was ever much of an effort. But having the binders that sharp significantly reduces rider workload, and that's what it's all about when the going gets warp.

I have fitted Goodridge front line, 0.3mm bore with AP Racing Dot 4 Brake fluid. All I can say is just fit it. The overall feedback has improved and braking is almost fade-free. EBC pads are next.

You don't have to get pre-made brake lines. Just make them up out of open length line and loose banjos, or let your trusty mechanic do so.

It costs less that way, and the result is the same.

Just a quick comment on ebc pads. I put ebc-hh on both my R1 and the busa. They worked great with good feed back and excellant feel but-----on both the R1 and the busa, the drag was awful. On the busa, I could hardly turn the front wheel when it was on the stand. I thought it would straighten out in a couple of weeks, but it never did. I put the stock pads back on---the wheel turns easily and stops ok. It does not have the initial feel of the hh's but has plenty of power. I just don't like that drag of the ebc's. Just my comment.

Back