Spoiled Deer

She's actively seeking out the deer and not the other way around.
Bringing it into the house is even worse. The animal will be conditioned to trust and come close to humans and may wind up dead in the road or easily shot during hunting season.
I can see feeding it in the wild but not like this.

She's actively seeking out the deer and not the other way around.
Bringing it into the house is even worse. The animal will be conditioned to trust and come close to humans and may wind up dead in the road or easily shot during hunting season.
I can see feeding it in the wild but not like this.
yea so. so that means people should never try to be kind to a wild animals???? what you think anyone can just walk into the woods and summon a deer into their house? obviously she has developed a bond with this animal over time.

the deer would be shot whether or not it trusts a human or not. you think its gonna come running up to a hunter in the middle of the woods?:whistle: its mother was probably shot by a deer hunter and therefore looking for food. its a very young deer. without help from this woman it would probably be dead anyway so what ur point?

I just dont get how someone could want to kill such a beautiful creature with a rifle.

Just part of playing by nature's rules. I feel better about myself being out in the woods hunting for a deer then being in the store buying steaks from some poor beef that never had a chance. Some smart deer die of old age after a free life. No such thing as an old steer..

Brett I'm sorry I didn't realize as a police officer you were entitled to see the mothers autopsy report...:poke:

You personally know the mother is dead? Or is this fawn just hooked on bottled milk?
Yes I do think its natural fear of man is gone and will walk right up to a hunters stand.
And yes some bubba with a doe tag will be back at the shop bragging about how stupid the animal was and how he blew a hole clean thru it from ten feet away.
We do not need to interfere with Mother Nature she's been doing fine for quite a while.

Are you guys really arguing over a deer story?? :rofl:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Yes!!!
We've argued over guns, politics and religion, why not deer? Fits right in with the rest. :laugh:

Well, welcome to South Carolina where these animals cause hundreds of millions of damage every year and actually cause deaths. So , yes, I applaud hunters, who kill and eat these animals.

Back to the video. Very nice home, these animals carry all kinds of disease, including fleas, ticks, mites, etc. which can cause great illness or death in humans. Just another feel good stupid people news clip.

Not an animal hater, I have a cat and a dog that live with me. Saiid could not be more right in his statements.

The first thing I thought was how nice and then I realized that I would not have took her in the house. No way. I picked up a bird last summer whom had a nest by my front porch/gutter. In just a few seconds my had was covered with a million little critters. Grabed the hose and washed off but I put that bird back in it's nest. Robin and it was right back out in a few minutes. That deer could swack one of them girls and do some damage and then we would have to ban deer hoofs. :whistle:
Well, welcome to South Carolina where these animals cause hundreds of millions of damage every year and actually cause deaths. So , yes, I applaud hunters, who kill and eat these animals.

Back to the video. Very nice home, these animals carry all kinds of disease, including fleas, ticks, mites, etc. which can cause great illness or death in humans. Just another feel good stupid people news clip.

Not an animal hater, I have a cat and a dog that live with me. Saiid could not be more right in his statements.

I just dont get how someone could want to kill such a beautiful creature with a rifle.

Because they are tasty! :firing:

I had to add something to this post. Im an animal lover and always have been. I have helped save more animals in my life so far than most would believe. When I was in grade school I was late a few times because I was saving worms from the road after a rain storm. I rescued a family of baby mice from the hay bales I was slinging today and relocated them. I hunt because Im a predator but that doesn't mean Im heartless or cruel. I wept for my last deer and stroked his head as his life left him. I thanked god and the spirit and the deer for providing me with meat and I drug that dude several miles to my truck then cleaned him and had a great dinner. He fed my family for months and still has a warm place in my heart. I just dont think you get it GNBRETT. Period.

there is a reason all the parks have signs saying 'dont feed the animals"....and this applys to welfare too!!

wow really, wheres the conservation department to smack her hand for feeding wild animals, duh yeah they are cute, but they are wild and should stay that way and let mother nature take her course.

its very easy, they taste dang good too, although my prefered method to hunt them is bow.

I bottle fed allot of deer, my mother was a wildlife reabilitator for years. When the mothers get hit by cars, the fawns know only to lie still & wait for her. They will then die. We used to go look for them when a nursing mother was killed then take them home and raise them, along with a wide range of other orphans and wounded animals. We returned the deer to the wild for the most part however, and did not take them into the house. That being said, I really really really want to kill one by the time I spend a few hours in the woods climbing over the hills and seeing nothing but tails.... it is a primal instinct. It is not that nobel to let somone else do all your killing for you, so you can convince yourself it doesn't really happen, "get it from the store!' ... Beter to respect the prey and make clean kills. It is not like they are going extinct around here, more like they need thined out a little. Heck I drive a Hayabusa through the woods....Last think I want to do is hit a deer darting across the road. That deer in the video should be weened off that bottle and sent back to nature. Heck she hammers that bottle like me with a beer on Saturday night...:laugh:

Back