Spoiled by busa

TALYN

Donating Member
Registered
So I purchased my 06 Blk/Gry on the last week of April and had not ridden my HD since, some friends (cruiser) asked me to ride with them today but only if I rode the HD as they were tired of trying to keep up... "fair enough" I said and took out on the Duece.... this bike has a little power as I have put the big bore kit on it, cams, Mikuni, K&N, Vance and Hines pipe etc... Needless to say I could not have been 30 minutes into the ride and was bored out of my mind.... loud, slow, and hot are the best words I can use to describe how I felt... I think I will be putting it up for sale so that they will not ask me to ride with them any more.... hahahaha anyways... that was my day...
drooling3.gif

Maybe you should tell them to all buy Busa's so they can keep up!
laugh.gif

Thats what has me wondering about buying a cruiser to ride with my wife on her bike. Would I ride it or would it sit in the garage after I rode it a few times. Although I do not get out of 3rd gear on most of my rides with her, I know I would go back to the busa.

I like harleys and all, but when I get up in the hills, and its time to cut lose, you can't beat the feeling, and freedom the power the Busa delievers...After riding many bikes, (and i'm talking 1000cc bikes) the Busa just delievers a controbable power delivery that I am able to lay down very easily...I have rode many bikes on these roads and the busa feels very planted, and well, suited to make the turn I line up... the busa has spoiled me and all other bikes seem week and im not just say'in that...my zrx seems week to this bike...its a bike that makes fast seem slow
race.gif

Busas are like driving a sports car and HD are like driving a crew cab dually towing a trailer,its a totally diferent ride. My buddy say its like an import car loud and can't get out of its own way.  
biggrin.gif
 Don't get me wrong I like my HD but the Hayabusa has shown me the light.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

DSCN1004__Small_.JPG

laugh.gif

So I purchased my 06 Blk/Gry on the last week of April and had not ridden my HD since, some friends (cruiser) asked me to ride with them today but only if I rode the HD as they were tired of trying to keep up... "fair enough" I said and took out on the Duece.... this bike has a little power as I have put the big bore kit on it, cams, Mikuni, K&N, Vance and Hines pipe etc... Needless to say I could not have been 30 minutes into the ride and was bored out of my mind.... loud, slow, and hot are the best words I can use to describe how I felt... I think I will be putting it up for sale so that they will not ask me to ride with them any more.... hahahaha anyways... that was my day...
drooling3.gif
Yeah... I Had the Heritage Softail Classic for about a month 500mi. I wasn't expecting much to start with and I wasn't let down. When I handed the thing back over I was even more pissed at harley than ever. It just doesn't make any sense and the millions of fans buying their bikes because they are American and they say H-D deserve better.

Hell I was of the mind that there was NO WAY a Honda VTX, or Yamaha Warrior could out power or out "Cruise" a Harley and I was wrong... THAT PISSES ME OFF. For the money H-D demands they should be better plain and simple.

They should track straight down the Interstate, providing smooth effortless power. With decent grunt anywhere in the powerband. They should stop good, and hold a line well in a corner. How Do I know they should do these things? SIMPLE, because the big Japanese cruisers can pull it off for half the money in many cases. It's just messed up. If it wasn't for the Dogged Loyalty of the H-D Consumer, they would be another Ghost. Seems H-D has forgotten this, and are rewarding loyalty to the point of "Cult" with mediocre bikes priced too high.

NO WAY I will ever give H-D a Red cent. I rode a Victory the other day for the first time and then saw a Vegas going down the road... they are warranting some real consideration if I decide I need a cruiser and Made in the USA is a factor.

Anyway,
rant.gif

Yeah I was just expecting a real comfy laid back cruiser, but the short comings were just too much to overlook.

Then again we could all just be spoiled, smooth, comfortable, powerful, stable, fast... hell all for $11k? *sigh* yeah maybe we are just spoiled.

I was so worried about giving up my very first motorcycle for the Busa...sentimental stuff I'm sure...I had it for a year after I bought the Busa and when the time came to get serious about selling that little yellow HD Hugger, I'll admit, I was sad...

Then, I rode it...OMG, I was laughing hysterically in my helmet, not believing what a dog it was, how much it rattled beneath me...so, no tears shed when I said my final goodbye...
laugh.gif

I ride a VTX1800 as well as the Busa.... they both offer a different ride and depending on how I feel that day depends on the bike I ride... best of both worlds.
Though I agree that cruising can get boring sometimes.

Back