Splitting Traffic

guilty
firedevil.gif

I should have said no faster than 15 mph (faster) than the traffic flow is moving.  Cars doing 35 for example, then a bike can run 50.  They didn't comment on the recommended or 'allowable' speed of the bike in gridlocked traffic.  I would suppose though, that any speed that doesn't appear reckless given the conditions present would be fine.  Riding at say, 50 mph in totally stopped traffic might be just a tad too fast for most LEOs to let go by.  35 would appear to be a better (safer) speed for the motorcycle in that situation.    
In re:  "What cops are you talking to?"  I said they were mostly CHP officers, some motor officers and some 'car' officers.
Your right there's no need to " lane share " at 50 if the traffic isnt moving. Sharing is " a way of life " down here.

The few times
I have been in
California I have
split lanes but that
is the only place
I have done it .

:super:

I live in Los Angeles California and I am always lane splitting because I work deep in Los Angeles traffic congestion, I go in at morning rush hour congested traffic and get off at 5pm at the highest peak of traffic jams , I ride 50 miles a day to and from work. Heavy heavy heavy traffic, so by lane splitting I get home in less then half the time if I don't. But I do it safely , and yes I been hated on several times and blocked sometimes and yet I am riding safely within the 15 mph and I can understand some peoples frustration sometimes because I have seen other bikes splitting lanes at like 40 mphs++ with stop traffic! I am like wow!!! are you really doing that right now... no wonder I get hated on sometimes lol... but yeah its scary sometimes when splitting lanes. I have to do this every day mon-fri. I been searching for a local job lately because I know its a matter of time risking myself splitting lanes everyday...

...its a matter of time...

for all of us, anti-riders included.

My philosophical approach: I split like you do - with caution, always assuming they're gonna do exactly what I don't want them to do at any moment. It would be ugly, but not life-ending.

Off Topic: Today ... 210 Freeway, San Bernardino, being stupider than normal cuz I was riding home alongside a GSXS-1000 that I met at work. Just happened to bring it down under 80, just happened to come across a CHP moto who had pulled off into the center-divider median, standing there, pointing his radar gun into oncoming traffic. Never seen that before. Got lucky. Got past him. And immediately got stupid again. You know, cuz what are the odds?? I'll never learn except the hard way.

for all of us, anti-riders included.

My philosophical approach: I split like you do - with caution, always assuming they're gonna do exactly what I don't want them to do at any moment. It would be ugly, but not life-ending.

Off Topic: Today ... 210 Freeway, San Bernardino, being stupider than normal cuz I was riding home alongside a GSXS-1000 that I met at work. Just happened to bring it down under 80, just happened to come across a CHP moto who had pulled off into the center-divider median, standing there, pointing his radar gun into oncoming traffic. Never seen that before. Got lucky. Got past him. And immediately got stupid again. You know, cuz what are the odds?? I'll never learn except the hard way.
210 freeway , thats the freeway i am on every morning and night in rush hours, but i go from 210 then it turns to 134 then i get off on san fernando rd in glendale. i do got the option to take 10 fwy then 5 north exit san fernando rd but 10 fwy is way worst then 210.

No . . .

Never
have .

Not legal in
Tennessee .

:poke:

#Counted12Motorcycles ~ #InTennessee ~ #SharingLanes ~ #THEoRg *

#ThatLooksLegalToMe ~ #YouCanRideTwoAbreastThere *

Last edited:
210 freeway , thats the freeway i am on every morning and night in rush hours, but i go from 210 then it turns to 134 then i get off on san fernando rd in glendale. i do got the option to take 10 fwy then 5 north exit san fernando rd but 10 fwy is way worst then 210.
I'm on other side of the 210, WB from the 18 to 15 in the AM, EB after 5p.
I have been doing it so long it's like second nature on Steroids! Your senses pick-up and heightened awareness just comes naturally (AJ kicks).
Ride Safe!

Back