SPIDER BITE = lots of downtime for Macfast

Macfast

Never Forgotten
Hey everybody,
Let me tell you my story of woe.
I got bite by a spider on my inner left thigh 1 inch from the groin( to close)
This happened at work it begain swelling about 30 minutes later.
Went to on site medical they told me if it got any worse go see a doctor
Well next morning it was a lot worse I went to my doctor and he lanced it put me on some antibiotics .
The next day it was very bad I went to the ER was admitted surgery the next morning Infection turned into a staff then to mrsa .
Well 8 days later they let me out with a fist size hole in my leg that needs to heal from the inside out.( I have never heard of this) and a script for some antibotics that cost $90 a pill !!!
So far 3 weeks out of work and workmans comp hasnt taken a statement yet and work tells me no part time disability since it s a workmans comp case
Go figure
Anyway Im home and healing No BUSA riding no nothing, So I be surfing the net alot
Of all the things i have done and to think a spider about does me in
Moral of the story SPIDERS be afraid very afraid

Sounds like the classic fiddle back aka brown recluse spider. Nasty little buggers too. Heal up soon brother.

They think it was a brown recluse my leg was so swollen and infected the really couldnt tell So official report says insect bite
My leg is back to normal color instead of red and black
Still cant beleave this has happened

Whew, that sounds really bad. Bad and fast acting, even for a Brown Recluse bite. Hope you heal soon.:(

Speaking of Arachnophobia, My son Joseph had one crawl on him on the couch the other day I have never seen him jump and move that fast.
This whole event has left all of us leary/ afraid of them

Glad you got it reported! A guy that used to work in the warehouse got bit, thought nothing of it, and had a similar experience. The only problem was that since no accident report was filed, he got ****ed!!!! Hope you get it straightened out without too much grief and recover quick!

Hate to hear but hope you heal quickly and have no lasting side effects!
Don't know your age and if it is of concern to you or not but if it was a brown recluse there may be other side effects. My brother was bitten by one at 8 years old. Bite site was a couple inches above manhood. 20 years later he had a wreck and the venom(or remnants) was detected in the blood work the hospital did. Also found out later he was sterile because of the bite and proximity to male reproductive parts.

Spider bites can be really bad...I'm so sorry to hear it happened to you :( Heal fast!!

Back