spent the last two days under the car

beautiful....simply beautiful....
thumbs-up.gif

I love the old Pontiacs. Your 67 is sweet. I had a 68 firebird convertable. I'm currently building a 73 Grand-Am.

Sweet car, that's really nice. I like what you've done with it too, upgraded, but still retaining the original flavor. Good job.

Thanks everyone.
Michelle, it really is a blast to drive. I can't wait to it cools down a little so I can drive it more. No A/C in GA is a little rough even with the top down.

DennisH, let's see your Grand Am

MrBrown, I like the looks of the orignal lines but the drive train and suspension had to go. It is much better now but still could use a little more tweeking.
wink.gif

RdKill, I have switched out the old points and condenser for a electronic unit. That made it run a lot smoother.

Thanks everyone.  
Michelle, it really is a blast to drive.  I can't wait to it cools down a little so I can drive it more.  No A/C in GA is a little rough even with the top down.  

DennisH, let's see your Grand Am

MrBrown, I like the looks of the orignal lines but the drive train and suspension had to go.  It is much better now but still could use a little more tweeking.
wink.gif

RdKill, I have switched out the old points and condenser for a electronic unit.  That made it run a lot smoother.
OK, since you asked here is the GA
biggrin.gif

Picture1.jpg

OK, since you asked here is the GA  
biggrin.gif
looking good.
cool.gif
 It looks very clean.  What kind of things are you going to do to it?
The last owner bought it for his 1/4 mile car. Unfortuneatly, he wasn't very mechanically gifted. The engine was trashed when I bought it. The guy removed the A/C with a bolt cutter. He put a hi pressure fuel pump on with the carb causing the motor to way run too rich. He blew a head gasket, and didn't know it. The antifreeze ruined the valve seats. He put a quik shift shifter on it. You couldn't shift it into reverse without taking the console out of the car. At least he didn't fix that problem with his bolt cutter
smile.gif

Once I get it on the street, new paint with a custom flame job.

The new engine almost ready to drop in.

100_0469.JPG

Nice car....I like it.....  You seem to know what your doing.

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123537784 -->

I hate to admit how many years I've been building Pontiacs. I'm sure there are some guys on the board here that weren't born yet when I did my first one.

" sweeeet" dennis .. a 400? ... mines almost done.. dam Edelbroks ...aren't cheap ..( since you have a set ) .. I figured I could say that..
laugh.gif
1 of these days I'll fig out how to post my car pics.. "nice" .. Tri-power .. < sniff >

You couldn't shift it into reverse without taking the console out of the car.  At least he didn't fix that problem with his bolt cutter
smile.gif

Once I get it on the street, new paint with a custom flame job.

The new engine almost ready to drop in.
laugh.gif
I wish I could say that. The guy I bought my car from changed it from an auto to a 4 speed. It looks like he drove a screwdriver through the floor and then used a can opener to do the rest. I had to clean up the shifter cut out big time.

I've spent the last three yeas trying to remove the last owner from this poor thing.
ices_rofl.gif
Looking forward to seeing your car complete.

Back