Spent the day at Barbers -- Pictures Inside

Check it out....

The night before, there is this friggin hurricane-esque storm. Capt. Dumba** (that'd be me) sits on the porch at the hotel, admiring the way the trees are blowing around when this piece of debris that must have been traveling at mach 12 hits me in the eye.
Hurt like he** and my eye nearly swells shut.
The next morning, at the track, my eye is watering, hurting like I have a sand bur in it and it is RAINING.

Worst $800 I have ever spent and after two track days, the Ducati has never ran a hot lap....

I nearly got depressed but luckily I have a great wife and my bud Jim Beam, oh and Visine.....
SkyDvr, being the sensible man he is had the forethought to buy both days, something I will do from now on, so he should be running today!

Back home now thinking about taking up tennis or something....

Check it out....

The night before, there is this friggin hurricane-esque storm. Capt. Dumba** (that'd be me) sits on the porch at the hotel, admiring the way the trees are blowing around when this piece of debris that must have been traveling at mach 12 hits me in the eye.
The next morning, at the track, my eye is watering, hurting like I have a sand bur in it and it is RAINING.

Worst $800 I have ever spent and after two track days, the Ducati has never ran a hot lap....

I nearly got depressed but luckily I have a great wife and my bud Jim Beam, oh and Visine.....
SkyDvr, being the sensible man he is had the forethought to buy both days, something I will do from now on, so he should be running today!

Some guys have all the luck:laugh: I hear it never rains on a golf course:)

Check it out....

Not until after Oct, when you will be on the track both days :thumbsup:

there is nothing worse than a rainy expensive track day-or two days-i went to barber last june-very dry but wicked hot in leathers---

Sorry for the rain. It rained on my last trackday too, but we had fun running on the wet pavement, and it will make you smooth on the brakes and throttle.

That storm Friday night clocked 75 MPH and blew the hell out of everyone's pop-ups. I went back down there Friday night and picked up what was left of mine. Once Randy left (or should I say, took the "Rainmaker Duc" away), the skies cleared up. I got in one full session, and one lap of a second session (someone crashed first lap) which ended the day. I had NO desire to get out there on my pretty bike, take the chance on trashing it (and there were PLENTY of wrecks; at least 10 wrecks and 4 transports to hospital on Saturday alone). No desire to ride in sopping wet leathers for 2 days when the hot sun came back out. One of those that wiped out bad was a pristine 1098 R.....

Sunday morning, I got in the first and second sessions (parade lap and slow lap) before another storm blew in (jeez, the only place raining in the south was in Birmingham). Got another wind event out of that storm - about 60 MPH for about 5 minutes and I was holding my newly purchased (the night before) pop-up down to keep IT from blowing away too. After about 2 PM it quit raining; again the track dried fairly quickly, and I got two sessions in before the day ended. Final tally was 5 full and 1 1-lap session for the entire weekend. Frustrating.

I did get some video out of the last 2 sessions and will post later today.

Last edited:
That storm Friday night clocked 75 MPH and blew the hell out of everyone's pop-ups. I went back down there Friday night and picked up what was left of mine. Once Randy left (or should I say, took the "Rainmaker Duc" away), the skies cleared up. I got in one full session, and one lap of a second session (someone crashed first lap) which ended the day. I had NO desire to get out there on my pretty bike, take the chance on trashing it (and there were PLENTY of wrecks; at least 10 wrecks and 4 transports to hospital on Saturday alone). No desire to ride in sopping wet leathers for 2 days when the hot sun came back out. One of those that wiped out bad was a pristine 1098 R.....

Sunday morning, I got in the first and second sessions (parade lap and slow lap) before another storm blew in (jeez, the only place raining in the south was in Birmingham). Got another wind event out of that storm - about 60 MPH for about 5 minutes and I was holding my newly purchased (the night before) pop-up down to keep IT from blowing away too. After about 2 PM it quit raining; again the track dried fairly quickly, and I got two sessions in before the day ended. Final tally was 5 full and 1 1-lap session for the entire weekend. Frustrating.

I did get some video out of the last 2 sessions and will post later today.

Glad I could help with the clearing skies sir. Glad you had SOME track time. Me and my riding bud (the one that left with me) are still flying kinda low, I dont even want think about another track day right now.
As punishment, I left the Duc out in the sunlight for a while yesterday!

It was great to hang out with you and again, glad you some time in on that pretty Busa of yours!

Hope your eye gets better!

That guy hit so hard with his Duc that the engine cover where the valve chains are was GONE....kiss $48K goodbye

Oh well, youtube video tomorrow...over 10 minutes so it wouldn't accept it...

Oh well, youtube video tomorrow...over 10 minutes so it wouldn't accept it...

I hate that limit. I can't post up alot of my stuff becasue of it. You'd think the filesize limit would be enough. Since Putfile became eBaum's world, I don't have anyplace to put stuff on the web.

Hope your eye gets better!

That guy hit so hard with his Duc that the engine cover where the valve chains are was GONE....kiss $48K goodbye

Eye more or less healed up, 43 years on this planet and THAT was a first! I really wanted to lay down and cry Saturday AM but there were women folk all over and I had to buck up!

Yep, a great man once told me... keep the bike in the trailer if'n its raining! I did at least keep it in the paddock...

Thanks for advice Tufbusa:thumbsup:

I am taking the Busa (and some safety goggles) in October, that'll make things alot better! Just have to go get some DOT Race tires so I dont get smoked (too badly) by you and Busa Whipped! By then.... I'll have not been ON the track in a year:banghead:

Just be thankful that Mr. Bogus isn't there, I think he may smoke us all!

I had NO IDEA that Barber was a water park!?!?!?!!? :whistle:

Sorry y'alls parade got rained on. :( That's what we get for not living in California. ;)

What a bummer! Between the rain and the eye. . .something was tellin' ya not to be on that track! I am glad to know your eye is healing and hopefully your next track day will be beautiful! :thumbsup:

Back