Spend $1000 on what????? Need your input

Ricanbusa787

Registered
Like the title says. I have a grand to spend on my bike. No more. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking of lowering front and back and get the m4 exhaust slip ons. I don't want to make it faster or anything. It's plenty fast for now and I like the looks better. Here's the problem, I'm 280, 6ft and my passenger is 5'6, 165. Who's low can I go before it starts to rub with both of us on it?:please:

2012 hayabusa

image.jpg

If its looks that your going for then, I wouldnt spend on lowering it. Pazzo Levers, DB Windscreen, Seat Covers are pretty cheap and change the appearance. HIDs are nice. Black out the rear end and front turn signals. You can do all that and get your slip ons.

If its looks then you going for then I wouldnt spend on lowering it. Pazzo Levers, DB Windscreen, Seat Covers are pretty cheap and change the appearance. HIDs are nice. Black out the rear end and front turn signals. You can do all that and get your slip ons.
+1 on this! I would powdercoat the rearsets and passenger pegs black too. :thumbsup:

+1 on the DB windscreen and HID. If you want a nice inexpensive comfort mod, the lowered pegs are great!:thumbsup:

Do you have a good full face helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and riding pants?
If not than there's your answer.

What type of riding do you do?

And +1 on Blanca's getting gear if you don't have it already(I've had full leathers for many years, but still cruise without it too)

Upgrade the brake lines and pads
Install HIDs-?
Send ecu to Frank @Powerhouse to get it flashed-$60
New Image seats-$225
Soupys lowering links or Roaring toyz links-$100-150
Lowering triple tree-$100-150
+2 rear supersprox sprocket-$90
padded grips-$59-90
Puig or Zero gravity double bubble$90-120

From My exp. I would stay away from the New Image seat. I am 160 lbs and sometimes get the boys crunched by the tank if you know what I mean. For your size I would stay with the stock sit up. Get some pazzo levers, Breaded lines and HH extreme breaks and slip ons. That should do good for a while :thumbsup:

What type of riding do you do?

And +1 on Blanca's getting gear if you don't have it already(I've had full leathers for many years, but still cruise without it too)

I just do normal type riding. In other words I don't race or knee drag. If that's what you're asking.

Leave it stock ride height, especially if you'll be riding a passenger often and at your weight.
You're a big guy, upgrade the fork springs and rear spring, and set the sag(free).
Proper suspesion makes for the best handling and ride.
EBC "Extreme Pro" front brake pads. Busa brakes aren't the best stock. Stainless lines improve the feel too.
How does the bike feel when you sit on and ride it?
Do you think the levers, pegs, bars, or seat could be better?
Exhaust is good for looks, sound, and a little power, but you can lose alot of weight with slip ons or a full system. The weight loss is very noticeable flicking side to side through curves.
A +2 or +3 rear sprocket, or -1 front will give you a little more bottom end pull. It'll feel stronger with you and you and a passenger. Remove the restrictions in ecu editor too, it'll wake the bike up.
Make the bike handle, stop, and fit you better first.

Leave it stock ride height, especially if you'll be riding a passenger often and at your weight.
You're a big guy, upgrade the fork springs and rear spring, and set the sag(free).
Proper suspesion makes for the best handling and ride.
EBC "Extreme Pro" front brake pads. Busa brakes aren't the best stock. Stainless lines improve the feel too.
How does the bike feel when you sit on and ride it?
Do you think the levers, pegs, bars, or seat could be better?
Exhaust is good for looks, sound, and a little power, but you can lose alot of weight with slip ons or a full system. The weight loss is very noticeable flicking side to side through curves.
A +2 or +3 rear sprocket, or -1 front will give you a little more bottom end pull. It'll feel stronger with you and you and a passenger. Remove the restrictions in ecu editor too, it'll wake the bike up.
Make the bike handle, stop, and fit you better first.

Thanks for the advise. The bike feels really good actually.

Thanks for the advise. The bike feels really good actually.

That's great then.
Even if you're not an agressive rider you'll be suprised what good suspension will do.
You probably can't get proper sag on the stock suspension at your weight, but adjusting what you have will still improve it.
Stock is just assembled, and that's about it, no kind of set up from the factory. Which is good, as that means you have to set it up for YOU.
It's a big difference when the suspension works under you as opposed to the whole bike moving up and down.
Give it a shot, there's no way to screw it up...and it's still free.:beerchug:

Back