Spencercycles

Spike1311

Registered
Hi there,
I’m in Sydney (Australia) and have been trying to get in touch with Spencercycles without any luck. Emails are unanswered, a phone call just went through to a computerised voice saying they were too busy to deal with me?

Are they still in business? Has anyone else had recent dealings with them?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Dennis,

I want to buy an air shifter kit, mounting kit, swing arm extensions and possibly brake stop for my 2010 Hayabusa, but I have a couple of simple questions I’d like clarified first. I checked and re-checked the contact email on the Spencercycles web site to make sure I hadn’t mucked that up. I’ve sent three unanswered emails. Just doesn’t instill a lot of confidence for me so far.
Are you associated with Spencercycles in any way?

Mike

Hi Dennis,

I want to buy an air shifter kit, mounting kit, swing arm extensions and possibly brake stop for my 2010 Hayabusa, but I have a couple of simple questions I’d like clarified first. I checked and re-checked the contact email on the Spencercycles web site to make sure I hadn’t mucked that up. I’ve sent three unanswered emails. Just doesn’t instill a lot of confidence for me so far.

Mike
Hi. DME are the shop I do the most with. They are very very good people they go out of there way to help too. Look them up for everything you need. I have been dealing with them for over 5 years. They are doing the hot side of my turbo for my LSR bike. They are many time world champs too so they know what they are doing.

Hi Michael,
thanks for the info. I know of DME and will make a call to them.
Just out of interest though, do you know if Spencercycles are still in business, or any way of encouraging them to return emails. Seems a strange way to operate a business?
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Dennis,

Mike
I'm not associated with anybody LOL. I haven't heard the name Spencercycles in years which makes me think they don't offer anything I need them for. As for what you are looking for, it depends on what generation bike you are working on. If you are working on a Gen2 the airshifter is very easy if you are willing to flash the ECU, otherwise you need to purchase a kill box. Here in the US the air cylinder and solenoid are commonly available from industrial supply houses. The clevis probably is also. The wiring is very simple. If you are wanting a ready to go complete kit you can check with Dan @ Dynotune Nitrous. He is a one-man show so sometimes you have to call a few times to get him on the phone. I've bought from him many times and trust him completely. Another option is @BoostBySmith on this site. I'm not sure what all he sells. Sometimes he has more than what is on his website.

The swingarm extensions are typically viewed as a poor option. If you can manage buying a swingarm DME is probably the best out there right now, but they have about a 3 month backlog last I knew. They have brake stops also, or you can make one easy enough.

Back