Speedometer stock error

L4G4RT0

Registered
Soz guys, I bet this has been discussed before...
But I wanted to know how can I correct the speedometer error? The main reason for that is that i don't want to change them after the TRE installation. I know that the real top speed of the Busa is about 300km/h (186mph) so If i put it right i don't need to swap the speedometer, am I right?

tkz

Correct......top speed for a stock restricted 01 to present Busa is 186mph.
To correct yer speedo error, install the "yellow box" mod. :beerchug:

but hey, that's not the real top speed... it's what the speedometer says, and I know it has a huge error at 186mph. So, I guess that the top speed (the REAL top speed) of a stock Busa without restriction must be about 186mph. With that yellow box i can get delay the speedometer so my top speed after unrestricting the bike, will be 186. Guess it's the best way. Now I have to find a place in Europe (maybe UK) where to buy that "yellow box". If I don't find it here, I'll search in US.

Tks:cool:

There are two quality competitors out there for speedo recalibration. Checkout Yellowbox or Speedohealer...

I have heard good things about both, the speedohealer is about $20 cheaper than yellowbox...

Thankz.

Visited both sites and it seemed that, both devices are very cool :)
The speedohealer site has a pdf manual with very nice info, and even an extremely simple example to test the speedo error. It's a 80km/h (50mph) run with the simple usage of kilometer / milestone (distance mark) and a chrono. Nice info there.

Guess i'll chose the cheaper one, 'cause I'm thinkin' on the PCII and every cent is important ;)

SPEDO HEALER WORKS GREAT SET MINE UP AND HAD A BUDDY CLOCK ME AND AT 55 WITH 16/42 GEARS I WAS CLOCKED AT 54

Back