Speedometer issues

bigbanka

Registered
Recently I have added a new tail light and new intergrated signal frame sliders to my 1999 hayabusa. Well upon getting my bike back form the shop I noticed that my speedometer did not work. My tach and other gauges work fine and when I turn the switch on all of my gauges raise and go back into position to prepare for start up. My bike has a speedo healer, as well as a power commander . Could it be that my speedo healer box has gone out , or maybe a sensor of some sort? Needless to say, I will not be taking my bike back to that shop due to me having to replace my main fuse as well as this new issue. They really did some sloppy work with my wiring and the service was very bad. How can I fix this issue and will it be a costly fix? I love to take care of my toys and this issue has me mad as hell when I ride. If anyone has any feedback please advise thanks a lot

Check the power to your speedohealer, make sure there is still power supplied to it. This happened awhile back with my speedotuner; it turned out the power wire had come loose inside the box. I took it apart wiggled the wire and the red indicator light came back on, I secured it and it was good to go! Yours may be just a case of someone forgetting to reconnect the power, hope this helps!

Last edited:
I hope you have better luck with this problem than I did. My K3 had EXACTLY the same problem with the gauges when I got it.
I replaced the speed sensor, didn't help.
I replaced the gauges, also didn't help (ouch $$)
I figured the first speed sensor was bad even though it tested OK so I got another, nope.
I tried a GSXR 750 cluster and everything worked, stuck with that for a while.
Eventually fitted a GSXR1000 cluster and made a custom face. This works well.

gauges1.jpg

Back