speedometer is rising like tach while parked

ghost69_98

Registered
Have a GEN 1 that has the speedometer jumping up to 150 with the RPM's while it is parked. Just replaced the speed sensor and pick up due to a broken tooth and shredded sensor. It was doing this before the replacement and I thought this was the culprit. Any suggestions?

check the back of the speedo cluster there is a big plug in that can comes loose , mine started bouncing while riding. plugged it back in 10 years ago no problems since. do you have a speedo healer installed ? that might be bad also.

unplug your speed sensor at the sprocket cover to see if it stops. you have to take off the left fairing to get to that plug. the gauges should sweep fully when you first turn on the ignition. any corrosion on the pins of the big plug in?

The needle sweeps fine as soon as the cluster is plugged in and also when the key switch is turned on. I just installed a new speed sensor and pick up because it was doing this in the beginning. The sensor and pick up was trashed from a broken tooth. Replaced it all but still the same issue. I will unplug the sensor and see if it still does it.

I have the same problem White my 2006 Busa….speedometer going up on neutral when i revolution the motor….and when i dis Connect the speed sensor no more problem..the ground is ok, the pins, the 2 connector are ok…the teeth on the sproket is ok not loose….did somebody add this kind of problem ?..

Back