Speedometer Accuracy

MEBusa

Registered
I found another great use, for my ram-mount. I use it to hold my cell phone, while I ride. I stream music, & also can use the GPS function, that's built into the phone. Playing around with Android Apps one day, I came across one called "Speedview". It is a super accurate app.

ss-480-0-6.jpg

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.codesector.speedview.free&hl=en

I tested it on two of my vehicles, before running a test on the busa. I used my 2006 Ford F150, as the standard. It's totally stock, with about 70k miles on it (with an impeccable service record). The app reading, was dead on, with the trucks speedometer.

Next, I tested it in my 1994 Ford F150 work truck. It is also stock, with about 90k miles on it. The app read higher, by about 1-2 mph (so I'll just say, the truck is actually about 2 mph slower, than what it is showing).

Next the Busa: 2009 stocker, with only 5k miles (with the exception of aftermarket, slip on exhaust). Wow. The app read about 5-6 mph higher, than what the bike read. So my bike is actually 5-6 mph slower than what the speedometer read.

I tested ALL in the range of 0 to about 90 mph (except my 94; didn't want to push it that hard; so I went to about 80).

I saw the SpeedoHealer device on the market, that is designed to "correct factory speedometer inaccuracy". I don't think I'll get one, however.

Buy Now: SpeedoHealer V4.0 Speedo Healer Speedometer Calibrator Correction | Pashnit Moto

We all know that our bikes, are more than likely incorrect in it's speedometer reading. It's just good to know that my bike speedometer isn't accurate, & by how much it's off.

Wow thats a different find. The speedo on the bike shoulda read higher than what the GPS was showing. regardless, buy the speedo healer. its a piece of mind. Bought it before I pulled my Gen II off the lot and installed it. Had it on my Gen I as well. Great product, top speed recall function is sweet as well.

just put my speedo healer on, gps strapped to bike and was driving at 70 and speedo was reading 65/66mph. put correction in dead on..when doing 70 i'm doing 70 when i'm doing 80 it's doing 80....worth the money all day...oh wait got it for free:rofl:

Mine is off 5/6 mph too. Reading 80 mph on gauges, gps reads 74/75 mph. Maybe a good thing? Always wondered why the fuzz would never pull me over on the highways reading 70-75 on the gauges.

Mine is off 5/6 mph too. Reading 80 mph on gauges, gps reads 74/75 mph. Maybe a good thing? Always wondered why the fuzz would never pull me over on the highways reading 70-75 on the gauges.

lol thats a good one!! Sux to show ur mileage going up faster than what it really is.

lol thats a good one!! Sux to show ur mileage going up faster than what it really is.

All motorcycle manufactures set the speedo to 6-10% off. They do it so it helps keep the rider in check. The real issues is that the mileages are off too. For every 100 miles shown on the clock, you really only went 92 or so. It makes your factory warranty go out quicker that it should. Get a speedo healer, they are well worth the money. Pashnit sells them; I bought mine from Tim and never looked back.

I have the speedo healer on my bike also, it wasn't so bad when I had the stock gearing, I got used to it being 5-6 off at 70 mph. but when I changed gears and was 15+ off I figured I had rather know the exact speed I was going, not to mention I didn't want that many extra miles accumulating on the odometer. It is money well spent.

All motorcycle manufactures set the speedo to 6-10% off. They do it so it helps keep the rider in check. The real issues is that the mileages are off too. For every 100 miles shown on the clock, you really only went 92 or so. It makes your factory warranty go out quicker that it should. Get a speedo healer, they are well worth the money. Pashnit sells them; I bought mine from Tim and never looked back.

My Gen II was dead on at 70 MPH 3 years ago according to SCHP :whistle:

Oddly enough I did the same thing with my GPS this weekend from 0-90 and it was or 10km slower on the bike than what the GPS showed.

Back in `04 with the first bike I had heard rumor of the speedo being off. I paced a couple of vehicles from 55-65 mph and found the speedo to be correct, and the vehicles also to be correct according to the various `your speed radar`s` around. This was before I owned a gps, so I`ll have to check the new bike to it. At `Busa speed does it really matter???

...The real issues is that the mileages are off too. For every 100 miles shown on the clock, you really only went 92 or so. It makes your factory warranty go out quicker that it should. Get a speedo healer, they are well worth the money. Pashnit sells them; I bought mine from Tim and never looked back.

Wow! Glad I posted this thread. I never knew about the odometer being affected as well. Doesn't make since to add miles to the bike, over the years, that aren't actual miles. SpeedoHealer makes a lot of sense now. Thx :)

i have a speedo tuner on my 09 and really works well but it doesnt have top speed recall and was only 65.00.. i have one on my 750 also ..

Back