SpeedoHealer

piratediverjefff

Registered
Had to recalibrate mine this morning,put a 200/55 rear tire on and indicated speed was 60 while GPS was a steady 62...first time I've ever seen a Busa's actual speed higher than what was indicated.:laugh:

That is a surprise! I'm going to have to break down and spend the money for a SpeedoHealer or at least mount my phone where I can see it for GPS/speed. I hate to get passed when my speedometer is showing 80-ish (which is really between 70-75) when I'm going down a 4 lane road. I love the way the Busa feels planted and smooth even as you reach triple digits but I'm very conservative in areas I know are well patrolled by the county and state cops. I know if I'm in a line of speeding traffic, or worse, leading it, they'll ticket me and let the soccer mom's fly right on down the highway in their mini-vans and SUVs. That's just the way it goes around here.

I really like mine, but there seems to be an art to getting it calibrated correctly:)

I seem to be able to get mine within about 1% which is probably as good as it gets,and try to be on a level,straight stretch of road(pretty sure going up/down hills and around curves will kill the GPS accuracy as supposedly it measures correctly on a flat road,in a straight line between points A and B?).That's what I remember reading somewhere anyway,sounds logical but I don't know for sure.I remember with stock gearing/tires speedo read about 6-7% high,then when I went to a 44T rear sprocket it read about 9% high (then added the SpeedoHealer and got it calibrated as close to actual/indicated as I could).With 5,000 miles on the 190/50 rear tire(wearing down the circumference)and then going to the 200/55 rear the actual/indicated mph seemed to be off about 3.3% so used that as my correction factor.Gonna go out in the morning and see how close I have it,should be pretty good.

I have the old one that uses the little switches. I calibrated it by sprocket and tire size. It pretty much right on up to 100 mph at least.. according to my phone gps anyway.

Just curious, if there is a certain speed that is best to calibrate to or is it best to just use the speed that you travel most? I have noticed that even though it does stay true to a point it is still not accurate at all speeds.

Just curious, if there is a certain speed that is best to calibrate to or is it best to just use the speed that you travel most? I have noticed that even though it does stay true to a point it is still not accurate at all speeds.

Around 60+ works the best for me,still may be off a mph or 2 around 100 but that's probably a given.

Guess around 140 does not matter it it accurate or not. Your going to jail for anything past 12 O'clock anyway. :laugh:

I really like mine, but there seems to be an art to getting it calibrated correctly:)

I don't know what's up with me/mine,used to have it right on the money but have been fighting with it for 2 days and about 10 test runs(6 this morning)since I switched over to the 200/55 tire(knew I should've left well enough alone:laugh:).Following all the steps(can be confusing)I either seem to have the indicated 5mph faster than the GPS @60mph,or the indicated 3 mph slower than the GPS @60mph.I keep going to the calibration page and getting the + or - numbers right according to the chart,follow all the steps it tells me to follow(as closely as I can,sometimes misleading as it'll tell me to push one of the buttons until it's blinking when it's already blinking...so do I cycle through or just go on to the next step,etc.?...have tried both methods!).I must've missed or added a couple steps once as when I started to move at about 2 mph the speedo pegged and stayed there until I came to a complete stop,thought I'd permanently fuked up my speedo and was really pissed until I re-calibrated it one more time and it went back to normal.:laugh:Right now it reads 63 actual mph by GPS when it's doing 60 mph indicated on my speedo and I'm burned out/tired of fooling with it so gonna leave it alone for a few days 'til I regroup.When I thought my speedo was permanently screwed I came within an inch of finding the biggest BFH I had and pulverizing that little bastid into oblivion.:laugh:Isn't technology to the point where manufacturers can just link a GPS to a bike so we don't have to go through this aggravation(they can sure as hell incorporate it into a billion damned cellphones)?

Screw motorsickles(:moon:)for the rest of the day,I'm goin' in to watch me some Gunsmoke.:laugh:

Are you resetting after each run so that your speed difference is based on 0? I did the same thing. I kept changing and it kept being off. Then I realized I wasn't getting the reading from a 0 setting. I reset the speedo, got the difference and then put in the recommended numbers.

I think so bro,each time I start over I believe it's from 0 but this weekend when I try it again I'll triple check it(has to be something like that I'm missing though).

I now trust mine more than the GPS. My current GPS has a slight lag before updating. It took me many adjustments while stopped on the side of the road to get it right. A few were just .1 at a time. I'd imagine it'll require a bump every 1k miles or so to adjust for tire wear.

It was an odd sight when it actually read low. Mine is set ~ -6.5% with factory tires, stock sprockets.
Watch for that C on the indicator. Mine got set in conversion mode on accident during one of the adjustments.

I think it's still a couple mph over at 60 mph, but I decided that was better than it being low.

Last edited:
Back