Speedohealer Calibration

Spectre

Donating Member
Registered
I'm been looking at different posts from around the 'net regarding settings on the speedohealers and they range from 4%-9%.

Using their online calculator with a stock setup (17/40 gears & 190 tire) I am getting -5.2%. does this look right to everyone?

also if someone has a stock setup and has verified it with their GPS could you share your calibration?

thanks.

I'm trying to remember what mine was... I want to say something like -7.4%

I've since gone up one in the front to 18/40 and it's *almost* dead-on with that. I need to get the GPS and fine-tune it though...

I just did mine and was very hard to determin what I needed. I used the online calculator and think I read the busa was off from factory at 5.8%. So, I did the stock tire configuration, i went from a 17/40 to a 17/43t and was at -11.8. Since the online calculator does I think is was 5% I added just a little more and rounded mine to -12.8. I had a neighbor run with me in his cage at 40 MPH and 50 MPH and he sais I was even with him. I know this is not the best way to do this but I don't have a GPS. Maybe when I see one of those speed signs on the side of the road I ping it and see what I get. I can tell the speedo is slower then it ever has been before.

Without a GPS, I was forced to use a stop watch. I ran about 10 miles (per mile markers) at an indicated speed of 70. Then found out how long that took and got the actual mph. found out I needed a -7.7 adjustment.
Works pretty good and after retiming as well as having a cage check me, it was right on.

Without a GPS, I was forced to use a stop watch.  I ran about 10 miles (per mile markers) at an indicated speed of 70.  Then found out how long that took and got the actual mph.  found out I needed a -7.7 adjustment.
Works pretty good and after retiming as well as having a cage check me, it was right on.
What sprockets do you run?

I was off 19%...ran next to a friend in car at 50mph and figured it out from there,gps isnt always the most accurate reading from what i hear,,,,its dead on now

i`m 1 down on the front(16t) and i`m set at -10.8% and have checked it with 3 different cages and it`s 1 mph or less off..close enough for me.

Used my gps, Stock I was 5mph off set mine at -7.7, spot on.
thumb_up.gif

Mine was on the bike when I bought it. I took it off while trying to sort out my speeometer problem now I'm thinking of selling it.

Back