Speedo Woes

TangoWhiskey

Registered
So this story starts crappy. I bought my bike from my neighbor. It is an 08. I didn't know at the time but.....it has ABS wheels and and instrument cluster. I know the bike is a fraud. So a while back I had someone pull in front of me and I had to ditch the bike. My wiring harness got shredded do I bought a new one and tired the bike down. She runs perfect now but I have no speedometer. The sensor was never hit. It's not scratched. Any ideas on electrical tests I can do before buying a sensor or other parts?

:welcome: to the ORG!

What he said ^ . The speedo sensor resides near the counter shaft sprocket.Did that area sustain any damage? Or the wiring route from there to the speedo? Wire can be checked with an' ohm meter,maybe start there, its a free test.Then move on: Lift the azz of yer bike up with a rear stand,start bike up,put in gear,check wire for a signal. I think this electrical gremlin only could have 1 or more of these 3 issues. Speedo,wiring,or sensor.
Should be an' effortless and low cost make it right type deal.
Rubb.

So this story starts crappy. I bought my bike from my neighbor. It is an 08. I didn't know at the time but.....it has ABS wheels and and instrument cluster. I know the bike is a fraud. So a while back I had someone pull in front of me and I had to ditch the bike. My wiring harness got shredded do I bought a new one and tired the bike down. She runs perfect now but I have no speedometer. The sensor was never hit. It's not scratched. Any ideas on electrical tests I can do before buying a sensor or other parts?
I am the Org's resident shi7 chuck'er. Everyone gets a nick name.
Your's shall be WTF. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot or the often used internet slang..."What The Fug" That OK?

Rubb.

Back