Speedo question?

so_cal

Registered
Will the speedo get messed up if the needle hits the peg at the end? I have an 01 and it only goes to around 185, but Im confident it will go past that now.

I pull vehicles way past the peg all the time and have never seen any ill effects.
I would think a bike would be the same.......but my speedo goes to 350 kph....so I'll probably never find out.

the speedo is electronic, not driven by a cable and gears on the head..... so it will not hurt to peg it.

Will the speedo get messed up if the needle hits the peg at the end? I have an 01 and it only goes to around 185, but Im confident it will go past that now.
I have pegged + some my 2003 several times now and it is fine. I know with some of my older cars, when I pegged them, they were all effed up! But, I think Cache covered that one the the cable answer.

-Rip.

No it will not hurt the speedo. I have gone an official 206mph on the gps which had the needle buried for a long time.

my needle on my 2000 goes up to 220mph will that hurt if she hits the mark?i've had 195 so far but the road was getting limited if ya kno wat i mean ;)

my needle on my 2000 goes up to 220mph will that hurt if she hits the mark?i've had 195 so far but the road was getting limited if ya kno wat i mean ;)
May not hurt the speedo, but you may not be in very good shape...Take it easy out there Bro...
wink.gif

Back