speedo question

killaessien

Registered
ok so what ive read/heard on here is that the speedo is off.
is this on all sport bikes including busas?
is that at all speeds or just when accelerating at higher speeds?
is it off by a lot or just a little that wouldn't really make a differance unless you wanted a true speed?

its off by a percent so faster you go more you are off
but the governer is right on or off by a few

is it off by a lot or just a little that wouldn't really make a differance unless you wanted a true speed?

Gen1 Busa is off by about 7%...100mph indicated = 93mph

my 08 was 10% high (100 was really only 90, 70 was really 63, etc) - speedohealer solved that problem (but threw off the odometer)

Just get a speedohealer and be done. Simple fix.

:easy: Buy Now: SpeedoHealer V4.0 Speedo Healer Speedometer Calibrator Correction | Pashnit Moto

I send those things out daily, so that's how common bad speedos are.

My Busa was 10 off, and it was incredibly annoying. Really never had any idea what speed I was going.
Plug in Speedohealer, calibrate it, now mine is within 1mph. Simply fix. :beerchug: How far your speedo is off seems to vary per bike. No set number. Also note that if you start messing with the chain & sprocket combos, up a tooth, down a tooth - you need a speedohealer.

Img_1082_pashnit_hayabusa.jpg

We also did a really detailed thread on speedohealers a short bit ago, someone can link to that. :thumbsup:

Img_1082_pashnit_hayabusa.jpg

The odometer runs off the same signal wire. The odometer is fairly accurate from the factory. If you fix the speedometer, then the odometer is off.

Is this true ? If so, how did you verify ?

I'm more interested in making sure the actual mileage is accurate, the speedo being off is a minor annoyance, IMO.

Thx.

I'm more interested in making sure the actual mileage is accurate, the speedo being off is a minor annoyance, IMO.

That IS the primary issue. 92% of every bike represented here is probably reading improperly with more mileage than actual because of this deviation.

drop 3 teeth on the rear = correct speedo tested up to 80mph
at least on my gen 2

On my '06 ( Gen I ) I was off 7% like stated and it caused the odometer to read inaccurate as well. I dropped two on the rear sprocket trying for a higher top end run and found that it corrected my speedo and odo, but made the bike a little sluggish and did not achieve a better top end run. I have not ran a GPS on the '08 yet, but I'm thinking the speedo is pretty darn close on it from a few encounters of the worse kind :whistle:

Just get a speedohealer and be done. Simple fix.

:easy: Buy Now: SpeedoHealer V4.0 Speedo Healer Speedometer Calibrator Correction | Pashnit Moto

I send those things out daily, so that's how common bad speedos are.

My Busa was 10 off, and it was incredibly annoying. Really never had any idea what speed I was going.
Plug in Speedohealer, calibrate it, now mine is within 1mph. Simply fix. :beerchug: How far your speedo is off seems to vary per bike. No set number. Also note that if you start messing with the chain & sprocket combos, up a tooth, down a tooth - you need a speedohealer.

View attachment 160571

We also did a really detailed thread on speedohealers a short bit ago, someone can link to that. :thumbsup:

+1...bought one off him a couple months ago. loved the top speed recall although I replaced with a better button. its great for bragging rights,lol. I have a 16 tooth front sprocket so mine was off by almost 14% total.

i think my 09 is off by about 10% ,, the wife paced me in the car said i was doing 45, my speedo said 50 so if you run that up just based on the 10% , when it says im doing 180 im am only doing about 162

i want a speedo healer !

i think my 09 is off by about 10% ,, the wife paced me in the car said i was doing 45, my speedo said 50 so if you run that up just based on the 10% , when it says im doing 180 im am only doing about 162

i want a speedo healer !

Just peg the speedo and wait, eventualy it won't go any faster, then you know the 186 reading is correct:laugh:

i want a speedo healer !

And what makes you think your wifes car speedometer is any better than your Busa's? Car speedos are notoriously inaccurate as well and as soon as you change your rims or tires then its anybodies guess anyway.....:whistle:

After changing to an 18 tooth front sprocket, my odometer is within 3 miles per 1000 according to the Zumo. It was approximately 7% off when stock.
Posted via Mobile Device

I installed a 220 mph speedometer faceplate and bought a Yellow Box (a Speedohealer competitor) to adjust the needle. The combination of the different faceplate calibration and the stock error caused me to make an 18% adjustment to get an accurate speedometer reading. To my surprise, my subsequent regular weekly commute of 250 miles showed a little over 200 miles on the odometer. It seems counterintuitive to me, but those are the facts.

Back