speedo problem!!!

Busa56

Registered
I have a 03 busa and this winter I did a few changes. well I changed out the sprockets and I knew that would throw off the my speedometer so I got a speedo tuner well when I finally got it all back together and had a chance to ride my speedo needle bounces up and down any where form 5 to 10 mph does anyone have any ideas what can cause this and how to fix? thanx

I have a 03 busa and this winter I did a few changes. well I changed out the sprockets and I knew that would throw off the my speedometer so I got a speedo tuner well when I finally got it all back together and had a chance to ride my speedo needle bounces up and down any where form 5 to 10 mph does anyone have any ideas what can cause this and how to fix? thanx

Wow, I am not an expert but others will chime in shortly!

The stock speedo and tires will be off 5-7% from get-go, but I am not sure what you mean about "Bouncing", is this at a steady pace and the needle is bouncing?
At low speed is it "going up and down" and is the bike steady?
Bubba

its a steady speed just crusin along with a buddy the needle just bounces i dont have any other way to explain it and I cant set the speedo tuner with it doing that

sounds like a speed sensor problem. are you sure you got the rotor back on correctly? did you loosen the speed sensor or remove it and forget to tighten it back down?

double check to make sure you have the cover all the way down as well. may have got some crud in between the cover and engine, or dowel pin problems, bolt placement maybe?

Last edited:
Back