Speedo Face Plate Change

Sempai

Registered
I recently purchase a used (hardly) 2002 silver/grey hayabusa.  It has white aftermarket faceplates on the tach and speedo.  I would like to install the originals.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to disassemble the gages
rock.gif

I found a linl on here in the mods section that lays it all out for you. I am on the injured list or I would try to help more

I recently purchase a used (hardly) 2002 silver/grey hayabusa.  It has white aftermarket faceplates on the tach and speedo.  I would like to install the originals.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to disassemble the gages
rock.gif
Are you interested in getting rid of the white ones?Is it a 220 mph speedo?

Yes it's the white face plates with 220mph speedo. But they are way off in printing on the dial. The screws place it where it should go, but there is no way I was doing 90mph behind a minivan on the highway during rush hour. :-)

If they're the indiglo plates all you have to do is take the dash off . theres two bolts and then you have to pull the dash off slow . theres two rubber gromets holding the dash . once you do this you take the screws out of the back and the front should come off . the faceplates are useually just stuck on with two sided tape . be careful not to bend the needles when you take the plates off . the originals are under the white plates . if you need a better desciption e-mail me . its late and i'm half asleep .

Thanks a bunch! I will hopefully get at it this week. I have the originals in a box. I will proceed with care! Thanks.

The thing that makes this site great is the ease in which you can get advice
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075058547 -->

biggrin.gif

Back