Speedo corrector

sproket

Registered
I cant seem to find a chart that i came across that had the brake up of the speedometer difference with the various sprocket combos.....

I want to find out by how many mph will a 17/43 sprocket combo be off??

thanks brendanp ..
smile.gif

(brendanp @ Dec. 05 2006,15:14) I found mine to read about 10 mph or so faster. with 17/43
I checked mine with a radar and it seemed to be off by only 4 miles??...kinda confused...cause i was off by about 5 with a 16/43 setup..

I would think that with 16/43 gearing,you would be off a lot more than 5 mph....

I have 16/42 and combined with stock speedometer error, I had to adjust my speedohealer to -16.5% to make my speedo dead on @ 50 MPH.

A friendly deputy sheriff was nice enough to run a few tests using his laser gun to verify my speeds.

Even with stock gearing and speedo, Busa's are typically off 3-4 MPH @ 50. They read 6-8% faster than you are actually going.

yeah, mine was off 9% with stock gearing
wow.gif
So I was already adjusting -9% just to get it close with stock gearing. CRAZY!!!!

(brendanp @ Dec. 07 2006,16:54) I have 17/43 and I had to adjust mine to -8.9
well the way my speedo healer said to figure out the error was........Displayed speed DIVIDED by<span style='color:orange'></span> Actual speed, MINUS 1<span style='color:orange'></span>, MULTIPLIED by 100<span style='color:orange'></span>== error...
hence if you said i17/43 will put it off by 10mph then according to the equation the error was 16.67%......anyway after i did that i checked it against a road sign radar @30 mph displayed on my speedo the radar showed 36mph, therefore i figured i subtract 6mph from the 10 mph which gave me 4 mph...

Back