Speedo and Tach not working...

gfunko

Registered
As the title of the thread reads, the speedo and tachometer are not working. The odometer is also not working (it will display but mileage stayed the same on my commute in which is 45 miles). Since I am not at home, I do not have my tools to take things apart to figure out whats going on so I am turning to you guys to see if you have any in site on this. I don't have any things wired into the bike (phone chargers, LED lights etc). I did recently switch out a faulty aftermarket taillight back to the OEM red taillight, so my initial thinking is something went wrong with that (inverted plug, pinched wire or something I missed to plug back in)? Bike and mod info below. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

2012 Busa, 92XX miles
Full Yosh R-77 with PCV (with proper mapping from PC website - no additional tweaks to mapping)
Lowered (though this would really have nothing to do with the problem)

Basic diagnosis/troubleshooting (without taking things apart since I am at work and without my tools):
1. All others dash items are working while the bike is running (clock, gear indicator, gas/temp gauge, turn signal/high beam indicator)
2. All lights (head lights - high/low beam, brake light, F/R turn signals and hazard flash) are working
3. Speedo and Tach flick on as they normally do when you turn the bike on, but then go right back to 0 on both.
4. Bike rides fine, no hick-ups or anything.

Issue fixed. Unplugged the battery, left it for 30min (went for a walk) came back and reconnected it and everything is good to go.

Back