Speedo and mileage

karnage

Registered
It seems lately that the milage is racking up real quick.Could my speedo be off.People pass me when I think I am doing 70 on the freeway.Can the ballast for the HIDs confuse the VSS or does that matter.I have it mounted on the left ram air duct.Just seems that the milage is coming on real fast and it doesnt add up.

Any sprocket or new tire changes?

If i recall the speedo is off a good bit, but shouldnt be a noticable difference unless ur adding or removing teeth or changing tire size

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

So if the speedo is off will the milage be off as well??

Yes and I think the tac reads fast also. I know the computer for mileage on mine shows I get between 43 to 45 MPG every tank depending on how I ride . Old fashion math says 36 may be 38 if I am a good boy on the throttle.

Your racking up miles you never rode and that will effect the resale value

Seems they could and should get these correct Considering the price of theses bikes.

Seems they could and should get these correct

here's one of the "fixes"

SHv4_1_350.jpg

My Gen II is dead on at 70 MPH. Get a GPS and see where your bike is. If the bike is off more than a few MPH then drop the HIDs and see if it makes a difference. Any error in the speedo should cause an error in the mileage.

ALL bike speedo's are off anywhere from 5 to 10 % . It started when Europe passed a $10,000 fine (same time as the agreed TOP speed limit of 186 mph) if the speedo's showed lower than the actual speed the bike was at (YOU really don't think the Manufactures didn't think that preceived speed SELLS Bikes :laugh: did Ya ) :beerchug:

On my '08 the speedometer was off about 10% (too high) but the odometer was dead on - used speed-o-healer to correct MPH but now odometer is off about 10% (too low) -

About 8% off on the GENII goto motomummy and get the speedodrd real easy to install and configure.
but when you calibate your speedometer correctly you Will lose your thought MPG LOL
yeah i was the same way 70 is actually 64 mph on GPS.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALL bike speedo's are off anywhere from 5 to 10 % . It started when Europe passed a $10,000 fine (same time as the agreed TOP speed limit of 186 mph) if the speedo's showed lower than the actual speed the bike was at (YOU really don't think the Manufactures didn't think that preceived speed SELLS Bikes :laugh: did Ya ) :beerchug:

In my stable, I have two bikes where the speedo is dead on with my GPS, like 100% accurate. So, when you say "ALL" it probably means all Japanese sport bikes. The Busa and my Gixxer is another story. It's not linear either, the faster I go, the bigger the reading error gets. With the Busa I have a 190/55 tire on the back wheel and at 70mph speedo reads about 74mph, but when I get to 150mph, it is way off, like reading close to 170 mph. The bike is bone stock, other than the back tire which is slightly bigger, so I assume all Gen II's are this way. With my OEM back tire, 160mph on the speedo gave me 141mph on the GPS.

Get a speedohealer from Tim at Pashnit. It will fix the issue, plus if u ever play around wit hthe gearing you can easily fix it right away.

On my '08 the speedometer was off about 10% (too high) but the odometer was dead on - used speed-o-healer to correct MPH but now odometer is off about 10% (too low) -

Same deal with my '05. The speedo was off 7% but the odometer was right on.

Back