Speeding ticket

kawafaski

Registered
On a rant now..Would love get a responce from Officer MaxSpeed...
Anyway's.. a few day's ago i got caught in a speed trap...
It's 0510 am dark..45 limit...perfect straightaway..zero traffic.
On the way to work in my 89 Honda Accord...
Now i must add..i do respect traffic laws and why they exist.
Where i live people use the left turn lane as a passing lane..
super dangerous..at rural intersections..speed in the neihborhood..so on and so on....I am one of the safest drivers in the valley..where i live..school zones ,i use my blinkers....
Anyway..heres the "Man"..in a turnout.."NO" lights on..Zaps me with his radar...65 in a fortyfive..writes it down to sixty in a fortyfive...I feel very sad..but my coworker sez speed limits don't change when it's dark and no kid's or traffic..true. Plus my speedo isn't right on....shows more speed than i'm goin'.
Last ticket 1994....but hey..74.00 bucks ain't to bad for a 8000 mile Hayabusa summer..no tickee's..didn't speed even once...yea right...Ufta..byfornow

As a former law enforcement officer I understand your complaint, but the reality of the law sez otherwise. First, do to the fact most states enforce reasonable and safe driving laws you should drive slower at night. Texas I believe does just this (slower highway speeds at night) I'm not sure where your from. Next, the simple fact that a speedometer is out of calibration doesn't excuse you from the violation. It is your responsibility to make sure your vehicle is maintained in a safe and operable condition. That's the bad news, now the good news is since you haven't had any moving violations (according to you) in the last nine years the city prosecutor should be willing to work with you on reducing this ticket to a non-moving. But there again it will probably increase the amount of the fine you will pay! In some states the fine is doubled.

In Tn the traffic laws apply regardless of time of day...If your speedo is off this may be a defense, but it would probably cost you more in repair than the ticket...Also if your driving record has been that good over the past several years you may be able to attend a traffic related school and have the ticket completely dismissed, benefit does not count against your record or insurance, con will require cost of school and time...If you have the choice go with the traffic school and at some point get your speedo fixed...An ounce of prevention...Or was that a kilo???Whatever...
muscle.gif

Sorry to hear of your ticket... welcome to my world!

But, just be glad the coppa was not sitting on that road to Death Valley?!?!!!!!

Ok I have been up for too many hours now its been like 26 hours. My answer is this.... and if I look to miss the question or don't give the answer your looking for feel free to drop me an E Mail ask for my phone number and we can talk..
Any way here in my state Police do not have to set up radar or laser with parking lights on at night. You can set in total darkness and on private property to run radar ( with owner's permission) In my state if I was to write a ticket that was over 20 mph over the posted limit the state will hang your butt. If the person I stop looks to be a good egg I could write the ticket for a few mile per hour lower to save this person a lot of trouble in Court. Our speed limits stay the same here at night as they are in the day. The only speed limit that changes with the time of day here is in a school zone. I hope I touched on the answer you were looking for. Right now due to lack of sleep I'm running a few quarts low...... Good luck

Thanks Guy's....Stunnah..the school thing is a possibilty...
Thanks for that...Maxspeed also thank you...
I really haven't had a ticket since 1994..cool
What gets me.....the most..starting in 1973...New RD350
and now the Busa..not one ticket..of the ten streetbikes iv'e
owned..First to last milage 8k 30k 20k 25k 40k 18k 20k 40k
8k on the Busa..the first street bike 52 Royal Enfield thumper 500...makes it 10 plus quite a few miles on the street with dual sports.
71 Hodaka,KLR650, two XR650L's..
Thanks KS waterbug..whatta screen name!! And DOC..thanks.
PS ..I have been pulled over several times.....Once i thought
Oboy this is it...twisty 2 lane tach at 8k and above..muzzy on the 89 fzr600..first thing he said, quote "That thing goes REAL FAST doesn't it...I nodded my head in approval..never had to take my helmet off or show license..amazing..byfornow

YOU CAN TAKE THE ADVANCED RIDER TRAINING COURSE HERE IN TEXAS AND USE IT LIKE YOU WOULD GOING TO DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASS
MSF FOUNDATION ,YOU PROVIDE BIKE ,HELMET ,ETC,COSTS
75.00 DOL.
I THINK IT IS A ONE DAY CLASS.

Ok I have been up for too many hours now its been like 26 hours.   My answer is this.... and if I look to miss the question or don't give the answer your looking for feel free to drop me an E Mail ask for my phone number and we can talk..
Any way here in my state Police do not have to set up radar or laser with parking lights on at night.  You can set in total darkness and on private property to run radar ( with owner's permission)  In my state if I was to write a ticket that was over 20 mph over the posted limit the state will hang your butt. If the person I stop looks to be a good egg I could write the ticket for a few mile per hour lower to save this person a lot of trouble in Court. Our speed limits stay the same here at night as they are in the day.  The only speed limit that changes with the time of day here is in a school zone. I hope I touched on the answer you were looking for. Right now due to lack of sleep I'm running a few quarts low......  Good luck
Then you are aiding and abedding a criminal.

You bunch of pansies! Bow down before the "Police God" I still can not believe what cowards you all are. I pity you all for bowing. You deserve to have your money stolen by the cops. Why don't you just write them a check at the beginning of each year? You give so freely to anyone with a gun that saks..

Got stopped and arrested last week for 185 in a 55. Got the case dismissed. You people really make me laugh!!!!!

Kerberos,

Tell us the story man.... What happened....? Did they impound your bike.....? Any damage.....? How did you get it dismissed........? How long were you in Jail.....? Did you have to bunk with Bubba........?
wow.gif
Inquiring minds want to know the story ...

Orion

Paid the ticket. Got 2 points on my license. Will stay for three years. Could not go to traffic school..have to have 3 or more points..Now just gotta live with it..
Kerberos's story is true or NOT?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??
Oh oh...... did i just make the biggest mistake in my life....hehe..

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back