Speeding Ticket Bail/Fine Shock

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
It's been over 30 years since I've gotten a speeding ticket so I was a bit shocked at the Bail/Fine for my recent speeding ticket.

65 MPH in a 55 Zone = $464.00 Bail/Fine

Deterant or revenue? You be the judge.???

Good God, that would be about a buck fifty around here. Been a while since I have had a ticket took, knock on wood. :laugh:

that seems excessive.
I too hadnt had a ticket in over 20 years...got 2 within a 6 month period of each other both were 17 over and had to pay $200 each. That was the maximum allowed.

That is just crazy.....

10 over in Vt is 82 dollars, if proven guilty of course. :laugh:

I just got a 64 in a 45 at the strait a way before the Dragon, and it was 229.00, seems like u got fuged for 10 over.

ALL fines, fees, water, taxes, registrations, etc........are going sky high here in Ca. How else are we going to pay for our legislators pissing away our tax money, HUH? This is really becoming the USSR Kalifornia.

It's been over 30 years since I've gotten a speeding ticket so I was a bit shocked at the Bail/Fine for my recent speeding ticket.

65 MPH in a 55 Zone = $464.00 Bail/Fine

Deterant or revenue? You be the judge.???

Revenue for the state. Deterrent to not stop, although I'd like to add the disclaimer that I wouldn't condone not stopping for a LEO. I do feel that with excessive fines, as describe, the state will push many to run.

Try to fight it with ‘Trial by Declaration’. I believe that’s an option in California and you might win it. If you don’t, I believe that you push the trial date ahead, at the least.

Google it!

Revenue for the state. Deterrent to not stop, although I'd like to add the disclaimer that I wouldn't condone not stopping for a LEO. I do feel that with excessive fines, as describe, the state will push many to run.

Try to fight it with ‘Trial by Declaration’. I believe that’s an option in California and you might win it. If you don’t, I believe that you push the trial date ahead, at the least.

Google it!

The real kick in the ass is that I was in my truck.... Pulling a trailer.... Which contained my new Busa :laugh: See the irony? I was out in the middle of nowhere, had I been on the Busa....HHHHhhhhhmmmmm, Nope I woulda stopped, that's just me.

The real kick in the ass is that I was in my truck.... Pulling a trailer.... Which contained my new Busa :laugh: See the irony? I was out in the middle of nowhere, had I been on the Busa....HHHHhhhhhmmmmm, Nope I woulda stopped, that's just me.

That is ironic! Maybe he just saw the Busa and decided to give you a ticket :laugh:

Personally, I have a lot of opinions on tickets, but I won't bore the panel with a novel of a rant.

Hope that it all works out. You've got some beautiful riding spots up that way! :bowdown::beerchug:

Back