SpeedHut gauges and Inverter

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking about doing the gauge modifacation from SpeedHut and had a question about the inverter.

I assume it has to be used.

They list two (2) models.

Where would you mount the inverter.

I see no need to adjust the color so I suppose you could set it and hide it under the front cowl.

Need your thoughs on this please.

r8

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_....256.htm

I'm also interested so I called, it automatically comes with the upgraded inverter since its for a motorcycle.. order the std and they will ship the upgraded one. can't help with your other question didn't think to ask.. I would assume your right though..

I would like to see pics of installed SpeedHut gauges..

Nice
thumb_up.gif

Well, that save 8 bucks huh? Since I'm going with a new bezel might as well change the face color.

I'll probably just set a color and hide the inverter. Don't need that JC Whitney stuff in sight.

Maybe one could order the extra 3 foot cable and mount under seat. Easy to adjust using the seat pins Brendanp offers.

r8

Just ordered some. No sense in waiting around huh?

For 75 cents I ordered the 3 foot inverter cable. Cheap enough even if it isn't needed.

Thanks for the inverter heads up.
bump.gif

r8

Your welcome.. can't wait to see the pics..
beerchug.gif

Need pics of the install as well..
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Maybie someone will post pics of there SpeedHuts I mean someone has to have them..

I have Speedhut's...great product!! I dont have any pics right now, but I will try to get some posted. Keep in mind that the new gauges will go on top of the factory ones. If you are changing to a 220 mph, you will only need to pull the needle stop on the 185mph side. The new gauges will slide over the top of the factory stop pins. When removing the needles, I found two spoons under the base of the needle with slight pressure lifted them right up. Hope this helps!!

I have Speedhut's...great product!! I dont have any pics right now, but I will try to get some posted. Keep in mind that the new gauges will go on top of the factory ones. If you are changing to a 220 mph, you will only need to pull the needle stop on the 185mph side. The new gauges will slide over the top of the factory stop pins. When removing the needles, I found two spoons under the base of the needle with slight pressure lifted them right up. Hope this helps!!
Pics c'mon help a brother out we need good pics..
please.gif

I have Speedhut's...great product!!  I dont have any pics right now, but I will try to get some posted. Keep in mind that the new gauges will go on top of the factory ones. If you are changing to a 220 mph, you will only need to pull the needle stop on the 185mph side. The new gauges will slide over the top of the factory stop pins. When removing the needles, I found two spoons under the base of the needle with slight pressure lifted them right up. Hope this helps!!
185 gauges and thank you for the tips.  
bump.gif

r8

I put the switch on top of my gauge cluster . this is an old pic , yes I changed the bolt in the pic . Tha only thing I don't like is I should have gooten the reverse glow . Because when its on at night it looks green since I got yellow faces .

hjyk.JPG

Yes, I ordered the reverse glow style. Color to be announced upon install.
cool.gif

I've pretty much decided to set the color and hide the inverter.

Thanks for the reply.

r8

Hey Frisbee any problem getting the needles back on in the correct place so the read wright?

Back