Speedhut Bezel

IMGator

Registered
I purchased a Suzuki Hayabusa Stainless Gauge Bezel from an Ebay seller named Speedhut. You can see it at http://www.speedhut.com/product_detail.asp?AUTO_NUMBER=324 and once I received it, it looks like you stick it to the front of the guages with 3M double sided tape.

I asked the seller about it and he states, "The Hayabusa Bezels are very popular with our customers. They are installed directly over your stock gauges. We offer generic instructions with our bezels. Please check at online forums specific to the Hayabusa to find out exactly how to install".

Anyone use these? Is this an item that will just wind up in the trash? Of course we haven't seen any pictures of it on the bike.

Any help would be nice. Thanks
IMGator (Better known as the spouse of PurpleBusa)

smile.gif
Sup Gator! Bout time you posted up.

No help here....just passing by. See you on the next group ride.

at 13 bucks,you get what you pay for..
A real billet chromed one costs 160.00 I know,I'm in the middle of installing it now!

Yeah Big-T, looking forward to the next time.

Barb & I mistakenly thought it was something else.

Now I get to see if he takes it back. Funny thing is that he claims it is a big seller.

Suzuki sells the same thing as well as one that looks like real carbon that just sticks over the front. Not bad for the price just fit it before you peel the backing to see how you are going to have to hold your hands to get it in there straight.
l8r

there allright for the price. look ok. put it on and try it , if you do not like it , you didnt loose much money. i tried one and it worked fine for me. but to do it right you would have to go brendanp's route.

This is made of thin metal. Will give it a try and see what it look like. Worse case, cleaning sticky stuff.

I bought the chrome billet bezel for $160 from PPM Custom. This is what they said in their ad:

This piece actually replaces the OEM cover instead of covering the OEM cover. After installation, this piece becomes a part of the bike, not an after thought cover.

0b_1.JPG

i have one of the cheep ones also its ss steel. i used a light sand paper to give it a brushed finish.
super.gif
i like the look and only cost 16$

(brendanp @ Jan. 16 2007,22:06) Real ones look like this:
That's the one I just got brendanp. I used to use the other bezel. It was just a flat piece of billet aluminum with the holes cut into it. I got my new one from extremekempy's off ebay for $125 plus it has a kanji engraved on it just under the clock. Best piece I've ever purchased. I would be willing to give the my other one away if someone wants it. Mine is actually chrome too.

(frisbee @ Feb. 15 2007,21:08) I got the cheap one for free so I painted it and I like it
Uhhh frisbee, you really need to cover the heads of the triple tree bolts...
laugh.gif
If I can find them and you don't have yours, I will send them to you. No charge, just don't like looking at a fine work of art with a blemish...

(bacharles @ Feb. 17 2007,09:56)
(frisbee @ Feb. 15 2007,21:08) I got the cheap one for free so I painted it and I like it
Uhhh frisbee, you really need to cover the heads of the triple tree bolts...
laugh.gif
If I can find them and you don't have yours, I will send them to you. No charge, just don't like looking at a fine work of art with a blemish...
+1

Very funny guys I was replacing the bolts with new ones when I took the pic . It is all cleaned up now!

Beyonce' with no teeth... now thats funny!!
smile.gif

i have the cheap one,bought it to cover melting dash from sun coming through iridium screen....it looks fine and keeps my dash from further melting so its a bargain.

Back