Speedgeek.

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
It is with a heavy heart that I post this;

Speedgeek crashed in Central Oregon yesterday. He didn't make it.

Details are sketchy right now, but it sounds like he crashed on one of my favorite roads..... one I routinely run a bit too hard...

Bill was an awesome guy, a true ambassador for our sport. I met him here on H.org, and also talked regularly with him on PNWriders.

When I had my get-off at the track in 07, I posted here asking if anyone had an extra right hand side OE can... he not only gave me the can, he wouldn't even take anything for shipping..

He leaves behind a wife and two children...

The Pacific Northwest has lost a great guy.

RIP brother.

Oh no, I hate to hear this. Rest in Peace Bill, and prayers go out to the family.

Edit: I moved Bill to Never Forgotten.

Man this truly saddens me, i knew the instant I read this who he was... I remember him walking into my shop one day saying " do you know anything about a hayabusa?" I said look over there around the corner. He walked around corner and you would have though the man saw a naked woman... He said i guess i found the end of the rainbow i saw driving over here. We worked on his bike, i gave him a couple free parts and off he went.. He returned weeks later with a load of work needing to be done and we talked bikes abit and about his riding... A great guy , great father and loving husband.. The world lost a great person, GODSPEED BILL... please lmk about arrangements..

Very sorry to hear this. Never knew him, or read his posts, but R.I.P. rider.. :down:

Mark, was the one of the guys I know from the super-secret OR rides? Which bike?

Which road?

I sure am sorry to hear about this!!

RIP Bill and prayers go out for his family.
I don't recall ever seeing a post from him? Was he a new or old member?
Is there an obituary wall or something we may post thoughts and prayers on?

R.I.P. I never knew him or saw his posts either but its nice to know we have somone extra looking down at us and looking out for us as we ride.

sorry to hear this! RIP Speedgeek and prayers sent for his friends and family

Mark, was the one of the guys I know from the super-secret OR rides? Which bike?

Which road?

I sure am sorry to hear about this!!

No, you never met him Keith. He had an open invite to my ride but was never able to make it.. Excellent rider, and very well liked in the PDX area. He rode a white Busa that he called "the Milk Truck".. great dude.

As far as what road; It was one we've ridden just about every year.. Grant 20. The 40+ mile rip up the Middle Fork of the John Day river. Non stop 30-35 mph marked corners, no center stripe, several cattle guards mid corner... cow crap... cows.. I love this road. However, I might back it off another couple notches from now on. It's not a good road to make a mistake on....
This pic should jog your memory. This is our typical rest stop on 20;
DSC7204-XL.jpg

RIP Bill and prayers go out for his family.
I don't recall ever seeing a post from him? Was he a new or old member?
Is there an obituary wall or something we may post thoughts and prayers on?

Bill has been on here for quite some time.. Cap would know for sure. I know he was here in 07. I don't think he posted a bunch..

he joined in Sept '05, had a little over 500 posts but hadn't been around much during the past couple years...i don't ever remember him having any issues and always just seemed like a guy that was ready to ride, anytime and anywhere :beerchug:

I am truly sorry to hear we've lost another rider :down:

Thoughts and prayers for this family and friends :please:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Last edited:
No, you never met him Keith. He had an open invite to my ride but was never able to make it.. Excellent rider, and very well liked in the PDX area. He rode a white Busa that he called "the Milk Truck".. great dude.

As far as what road; It was one we've ridden just about every year.. Grant 20. The 40+ mile rip up the Middle Fork of the John Day river. Non stop 30-35 mph marked corners, no center stripe, several cattle guards mid corner... cow crap... cows.. I love this road. However, I might back it off another couple notches from now on. It's not a good road to make a mistake on....
This pic should jog your memory. This is our typical rest stop on 20;
DSC7204-XL.jpg

Bill has been on here for quite some time.. Cap would know for sure. I know he was here in 07. I don't think he posted a bunch..

Yep, really rough asphault, brown stains from the cow poop; really nice sweepers. Ok, I know the location. Sorry I never met him and a real dang shame.

Back