Speed on the site

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Chime in and let me know how the speed of the site is doing.. Some folks are telling me the board is loading freaky fast and others are telling me this board is slower than the old one.. What are you guys seeing...

CAp

Yesterday it was REAL slow to load....today it's fine
biggrin.gif

Slightly slower than the old board. Instant response with no lag though, just seems to be loading a little more data according the led on the DSL modem.

Seems plenty fast to me! Faster than the old site.

--Wag--

no speed issues .... but I do find errors in certain threads with mozilla.... not sure if anyone has mentioned it.
i.e. seems fine though......hate to use it.

At work on the high speed connection i've got no issues. At home on the dial-up I'd say it takes about 2-3 times as long to load picture heavy pages as the old board. Small price to pay for such an awesome community experience!

Dial-up here .....speed seems the same unless the thread has pics . Then it's either slower or the post will come up as an error . Press back and retry , then it will come up .....slower than before .

What about the member rating Cap ? Has this been left inop on purpose ?
wink.gif

(Warputer @ Sep. 08 2006,13:16) Dial-up here .....speed seems the same unless the thread has pics . Then it's either slower or the post will come up as an error . Press back and retry , then it will come up .....slower than before .

wink.gif
+1

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 08 2006,14:25)
(Warputer @ Sep. 08 2006,13:16) Dial-up here .....speed seems the same unless the thread has pics . Then it's either slower or the post will come up as an error . Press back and retry , then it will come up .....slower than before .

wink.gif
+1
Cap is working on quite a few things.

It seems slower on this end with high speed cable.
I'm not complaining, you asked!
smile.gif

CAp, I don't know what kind of code tweaks you made last nite, but the speed on dial up is back up to normal. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

(fsusux @ Sep. 12 2006,07:27) CAp, I don't know what kind of code tweaks you made last nite, but the speed on dial up is back up to normal. Thanks!  
beerchug.gif
perfect, thats what I like to hear

Back