Speed hump

ChiBusa

Registered
I just got the Suzuki Hayabusa jacket and absolutely love it. But the problem is that the speed hump at the back pushes my helmet to the front which is very uncomfortable. Also it restricts movement for head checks. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone had this happen to them? Or maybe my riding posture is not right or something.

Just wondering if this is something I can resolve or would I just be better off with a jacket without a hump.

Please help
1zhelp.gif

Thanks in advance.

-Saurabh

<!--EDIT|ChiBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156783565 -->

Jacket might be too small, but if it fits perfect everywhere else have a tailor (who knows how to stitch motorcycle gear, gotta keep it tough!) open the collar up a little near the back... Or ask them if they can do anything.

Thanks for the reply Stlbusarider. I think that might be the reason its happening cos when I am standing straight, there is no contact between the helmet and the hump. Only when I get in the riding position does it happen.

But any idea why it hikes up the back and what I can do to prevent it? I tried keeping a straight back. It helps a little but not much.

Thanks for the reply Stlbusarider. I think that might be the reason its happening cos when I am standing straight, there is no contact between the helmet and the hump. Only when I get in the riding position does it happen.

But any idea why it hikes up the back and what I can do to prevent it? I tried keeping a straight back. It helps a little but not much.
I had the same prob with my new jacket. I had my women stich nylon loops inside the bottom at the back. I put my belt through the loops and no hicking up. If you wear leather pants there should be a zipper flap on both to hook up together. But the loop Idea worked great.

my jacket has a zipper that zips it to my riding pants to keep it down.

Jacket might be too small, but if it fits perfect everywhere else have a tailor (who knows how to stitch motorcycle gear, gotta keep it tough!) open the collar up a little near the back... Or ask them if they can do anything.
[/QUOTE]

I think it fits perfect everywhere. Its nice and snug and I think it'll open up a bit too cos its leather. But even if it doesn't, it still fits good.

I had the same prob with my new jacket. I had my women stich nylon loops inside the bottom at the back. I put my belt through the loops and no hicking up. If you wear leather pants there should be a zipper flap on both to hook up together. But the loop Idea worked great.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea.

Or maybe just get one without the hump...hmmmm...???

P.S - Did you say "my womEn"...???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

[/QUOTE]

But then you probably wear riding pants whenever you ride
cool.gif

This one has a zipper too but I don't have riding pants to attach it to
biggrin.gif

But then you probably wear riding pants whenever you ride
cool.gif

This one has a zipper too but I don't have riding pants to attach it to
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
good point, yeah I do.

If I had 4 women i'd have zippers in my jeans too
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
I had the same issue (hump/helmet interference). I modified my riding posture for the limited head movement.

4 women....7 days of the week....you need more women!
tounge.gif

Anyone ever notice that thier jacket fits a lot better and less turbulent when zipped to your riding pants? Can't exactly explain it but My Joe Rocket Jacket inflates and flaps in the breeze when I wear it alone. But If I have the pants zipped to it Voila! Much smoother, jacket doesn't ride up or nothing! The Jacket is a full length one with no real provision for a waist cinch. I would think a short Riding jacket with adjustable Waistband would be better in this respect.

wait wait wait FOUR....dang and i thought my two and 5 girls was bad

had the same problem. i found if i take the back pad out it does not do it.

biggrin.gif
 I had the same issue (hump/helmet interference).  I modified my riding posture for the limited head movement.
Thanks BigT. Tried keeping a straight posture and now the hump no longer touches the helmet
super.gif

But still struggling with the head check. The helmet gets obstructed by the shoulders
sad.gif

Hopefully it'll get better once the jacket breaks in
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|ChiBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157145260 -->

Back