Speed Hump MOd

K-Dubb

Registered
Maybe some you guys can help me out.  I am want to mod my speed hump so that I can keep the grab bar on while using the hump.  If you guys can provide some directions with pics that would be great.  Thanks

<!--EDIT|K-Dubb
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094846613 -->

I haven't done it, but those that have generally use a dremel with a grinder to shave off the extra plastic to fit the hump with the grab bar on. I have also seen many mixed reviews and on the polls, the hump/grab rail mod seems to be one of regret to some... (Especially if you screw it up ;) )

Cloud

Easy to do. Just take your time. I used a small hack saw (cut undersize) then used sand paper and a file to get it right to size. Worked fine. Just take your time, mark before cutting, cut a little at a time and work up to the desired cut. Most everyone I know with a Busa or have ever seen has done this mod. No big deal.

Very easy mod. Lay the hump close to the closed position as possible with the grab bar on and then mark it with a pencil. Slowly work it down with the dremel til you have the right fit. Just take your time.:;):

not the greatest pic, but....

Busa_on_stand.JPG

use some masking tape on both sides. Pencil out your cut lines. Cut a little at a time. with a dremel. The paint is the same color all the way thru. Trial fit as your go. Leave about 1/8th space for vibration.

ICE

I used a router table and 1/4" router bit. Turned out real nice and clean. On the inside transfered the marks from the grab bar. That was first mounted, masking taped on bottom cowling and marked. Then put the Seat cowling on with masking tape transfered those marks. Then put tape on inside of hump and tranfsered the outside to inside markings. The inside tape is visable during the routing.

remember to try to get a fairly decent cut because water will get inside if there is too much cut out. I used a scribe and marked it, then took the hump off and took off little by little with a dremel. once the hump snap on I was done grinding/sanding.

hump.jpg

Now there has to be a walk through somewhere isn't there?
rock.gif

Here's a walk through:log on to hayabusa.org, go to the classifieds forum,find someone SELLING a hump with the mod already done such as Bill's parts thread,pay the guy, receive the hump in your mail, take it along with your grab rail to your trusted painter, have them painted to match your current paint scheme and color,bolt the grab rail on, snap your newly painted hump om and VOILA!!!! There you have it, the hump mod step by step!!!!
wink.gif

Hump_Mod.jpg

Do some searches. There are several sets of directions on here. But everyone covered it pretty good anyway. Just cut a little at a time and keep trying the fit till it snaps in place cleanly.

Back