speed Channel

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone in the 180 proof bike club that was on speed channel

Never heard of it
rock.gif

It is a club from ATL, featured on Superbikes on Speed. You have to go above 180mph for a certain amount of time (I forgot how long, but it was a while...) on freeways around ATL to be in the club.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 25 2006,08:11) It is a club from ATL, featured on Superbikes on Speed. You have to go above 180mph for a certain amount of time (I forgot how long, but it was a while...) on freeways around ATL to be in the club.
Freeways around ATL
laugh.gif
no I'm not in that club...somewhere in BFE
wink.gif

Seen the episode..even have it DVR'd. Unless there were more of them there were only about 5 or 6 in da club.

If by chance any of you haven't been on the interstates around Atlanta while on a bike, just skip it. The people here and amount of vehicles on I-285 and 75-85 make that ride a deathtrap!!! Your head needs to swivel 360 deg around to keep you safe. Truly dangerous

I saw that. I think they said you need to do 180 for 30 miles. So 10 minutes of speeding. Whew! That seems a bit stupid to me, but what do I know...

I also heard that most of their members are in jail. (little joke)

(dtshortt @ Oct. 25 2006,13:25) If by chance any of you haven't been on the interstates around Atlanta while on a bike, just skip it. The people here and amount of vehicles on I-285 and 75-85 make that ride a deathtrap!!! Your head needs to swivel 360 deg around to keep you safe. Truly dangerous
+1 to that

I go to Atlanta (sister lives there) and I can't see  
SHOCKED.gif
 how anyone could do 100 mph for 2 min on any of their freeways, much less 180 at anytime for any minutes . All I can say (seeing all the trash on the freeways there) is: THEY ARE NUTS  
redcomprs2.gif
, to do something that dangerous to both themselves and others
wink.gif

(DaCol. @ Oct. 25 2006,15:29) I go to Atlanta (sister lives there) and I can't see  
SHOCKED.gif
 how anyone could do 100 mph for 2 min on any of their freeways, much less 180 at anytime for any minutes . All I can say (seeing all the trash on the freeways there) is: THEY ARE NUTS  
redcomprs2.gif
, to do something that dangerous to both themselves and others  
wink.gif
I'm with you, I can not see how you can go that fast for such a long period of time in any metro area.... (better yet why would you
rock.gif
)

all_coholic.gif
180 for and extended amount of time....nah I'll pass. I'm too old for those risks.....plus I used all my 9 lives on my first sportbike in 1992. I had closecall after closecall.

My dad lives in southersn Ga. and there are several guys down there that make 180 proof in the woods.
beerchug.gif

Back