Speed cameras

newman

Registered
From England. The only reason i'm getting a sat nav is so I can see where the speed cameras are, I'm not going to speed about crazy but a 70mph limit means You might as well but a less powerfull and cheaper bike. But now our goverment are testing a satelite system thet can track you anywhere you go so you would have to obey the speed limit all the time. I tell you what this country is the pits when it comes to new laws something like 3600 new ones since the labour party got elected ten years ago. THe european union do so many stupid laws, it used to be that you could not sell bent cucumbers or misshapen veg (they've stoped that one now) and good old england enforce them all, other eu countrys don't they pick an choose. Sorry I got in a bit or a rant there but it makes me sick. Dave

Geez Dave, that's nutty. Here in the US, we get one of these little numbers.

Buy Now: Cheetah C50 Speed Camera Detection Red Light Camera Detector| Pashnit Moto

Cheetah-C50-box-contents-600x350.jpg

Arizona is the worst I read when it comes to the speed & red light cameras. They've spent millions to install them, and they are producing millions.

Btw, Cheetah is based in Scotland, more your neck of the woods than ours.

Cheetah-C50-box-contents-600x350.jpg

Ta Pashnit, never heard of them before. Their £85 over here which seems a right bargain, I will get one if My feet will be alright (see an unusual Problem) ta Dave.

Newman, I believe the Cheetah C50 was designed for the US market, and the other model they have, the C100 is a bit older, but designed for the Euro & US market. These things are plugged into the internet and continually updated with speed camera locations.

Buy Now: Cheetah C100 Photo Camera Alert System - Detect Speed Cameras | Pashnit Moto

You fellas have these though which we don't have. Yet at least.

CameraVan_1_800.jpg

Ours look more like this...

800_Dsc00009_laser_chp.jpg

CameraVan_1_800.jpg

800_Dsc00009_laser_chp.jpg

Here's hoping the civil libertarians in each respective country get angry enough to effect this decision. Satellite tracking? Speed averaging? Unbelievable.

I feel for you newman. Here in Australia we are about to get a mandatory internet filter, despite massive lobbying (yes I've done my part). Our government is going to block sites (China anyone?) and for security reasons, not even tell us which sites are blocked. A secret list? (Germany anyone)

There was a recent push to strengthen our gun laws too! That would be like France declaring their gun control is too lax!

If you have exhausted your options fighting in your country - sent letters, attended protests and rallies, called politicians - you can help by fighting moves like this in other countries. The NRA for example helps us a lot in Australia, so I support them. As long as they stand, they set an example of hope an rational (mostly) thought for us to point to. Is this satellite thing happening in any other country?

Last edited:
The way I understood it is that the speeding cameras were triggered by the weight of your vehicle from sensors in the ground that make the calculations. Well some are...but I dunno:whistle:

The way I understood it is that the speeding cameras were triggered by the weight of your vehicle from sensors in the ground that make the calculations. Well some are...but I dunno:whistle:

I'm confused ?
We have these cameras going up all over here .

I see them flash all the time.
I am guessing they take pics of folks who werent completely thru intersection when light turned red ? I dont know ?
But how or what do these speed cam detectors do ?
Tell you 'hey slow down idiot, theres a red light coming up' ?

they actually have the ability to track our course and speed via our cell phones right now.

i cant imagine getting a ticket via my cell bill or even ON my cell bill for doing XXX in a 55.. in a construction zone...

but in England the speed cams are EVERYWHERE.. random places.. not at intersections or high speed locations only.... them suckers are all over the dam place.... random country roads etc.. i never saw them but the citations that where attached to the bill after we turned in the rental van was not a fun event to explain

they actually have the ability to track our course and speed via our cell phones right now.

i cant imagine getting a ticket via my cell bill or even ON my cell bill for doing XXX in a 55.. in a construction zone...

but in England the speed cams are EVERYWHERE.. random places.. not at intersections or high speed locations only.... them suckers are all over the dam place.... random country roads etc.. i never saw them but the citations that where attached to the bill after we turned in the rental van was not a fun event to explain

Cell phone speeding tix would be a vague and diff area.
Almost same thing if an officer sees your bike flying around.
Would they not have to prove it was you who had phone in his possession at time of infraction same as they would have to prove you were one on bike ?
Right ?

I don't think it works that way. Whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle gets the ticket and points. Payment would have to be argueded out between the owner and whoever was operating the vehicle. Or, I think the only way you could fight it is to drag the operator into court with you so the guilty party is penalized.

I don't think it works that way. Whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle gets the ticket and points. Payment would have to be argueded out between the owner and whoever was operating the vehicle. Or, I think the only way you could fight it is to drag the operator into court with you so the guilty party is penalized.

Rusher if a police officer saw a helmeted rider blow by on a bike and could not see the op are you thinking they can write the bike and owner of it no matter whos riding the ticket ?

I just thought they had to be sure who the operator was ?

As far as tracking through cellphone, turn it off when you ride (or take out the battery depending on how paranoid you are) and for cameras, ride without a plate or get that reflective paint that makes it almost imposible to make out when hit with a camera flash. I unknowigly (at first) rode my CBR for over a year without a plate and never got pulled over for it, but that is Texas for ya. (course it helps that there was a non-pursiut policy in the area at the time)

Rusher if a police officer saw a helmeted rider blow by on a bike and could not see the op are you thinking they can write the bike and owner of it no matter whos riding the ticket ?

Yes, they ticket the owner. I don't know the ratio, but in most instances if pulled over the operator is the owner.

I just thought they had to be sure who the operator was ?

"There is currently no definitive Federal Law regarding Red Light or Speed cameras. The generally applied law is that an enforcement officer has to witness the infraction and issue a ticket. As there is no enforcement officer available this becomes a grey area being determined in courts throughout the country." - Article by Mike Barrett

The fact of the matter is, you don't need a government permission slip, ie. plates and license, to transport yourself aboard YOUR property, on public roads. Anywhere in the world.

Anyone who tells you different is a pirate. :whistle:

Time for a concession to reality: In most places the pirates believe themselves to be the law, and in some places those pirates are VERY determined indeed to help themselves to a slice of yours, so be careful. :laugh:

If I get lit up by a cop these days, I hand him my 8-1/2x11 BUSINESS CARD, attached below. :rofl:

Jump off the diving board and join me in the deep end, the water's fine. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Sovereign Notice.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Pashnit, just looked at the speedcheetah website and it looks like thay do the c50 for europe now as well. Ta Dave.

Back