Speed cameras coming?

I only really ever ride the back roads, if at all possible anyways. (Minus the touring aspects, of course.)

We have a few around town, but the most notable ones are in an area with a nasty record of fatal accidents. There are some more in an area where the residents have enough political influence ($$$) to get what they want, but a crash on that road could easily prove fatal as well.

On the main highways though? I'd have to leave for work a few minutes earlier. :whistle:

Serious question. Is there a maximum speed that this things can bust you for? Hypothetically, let's say I'm doing 180MPH and pass one. Can it really get a clear enough picture to read my tag? I'd never do anything like that around town, but I'd be interested in knowing.

Funny you should ask. Mythbusters just did an episode on speed cameras. They had a lamborghini out at Sears Point raceway and the max speed they could reach on the dragstrip was 180 and the tag was caught on camera every time in perfect focus.

If I remember correctly in CA they can't utilize cameras as you do not have the opportunitty to face your accuser at the time of the incedent so It doesn't apply much here they do however nail us for red lights with cameras( Not that I'm planning on running any)

Funny you should ask. Mythbusters just did an episode on speed cameras. They had a lamborghini out at Sears Point raceway and the max speed they could reach on the dragstrip was 180 and the tag was caught on camera every time in perfect focus.

Good to know! Thanks.

Note to self... :laugh:

If I remember correctly in CA they can't utilize cameras as you do not have the opportunitty to face your accuser at the time of the incedent so It doesn't apply much here they do however nail us for red lights with cameras( Not that I'm planning on running any)

yeah they claimed that here in PA also but red light cameras are still very well used and enforced in Philly.

People will need to deal with them as they do in europe....Do some research ???

Just another way to generate cash...and if the highways are covered then the cops will focus more on the back roads...plus they will "spot check" the back roads with secret cameras...wait and see.

Yeah these suck. A couple of towns around these parts started putting them on traffic lights.... :banghead:

D

yeah they claimed that here in PA also but red light cameras are still very well used and enforced in Philly.

People will need to deal with them as they do in europe....Do some research ???

Just another way to generate cash...and if the highways are covered then the cops will focus more on the back roads...plus they will "spot check" the back roads with secret cameras...wait and see.

Oh don't think I don't know it nice to have another east coaster her I'm originally from philly in fact my family is still there. Have several steaks for me and maybe a good hoagie too. God I miss the food.

Around Cleveland lately they have been parking these white vans with a camera system in it catching speeders on odd side streets.... we also have plenty of the red light cameras and a handful of stationary speed cameras...

I think its complete BS... but who am I?

Back