spedohealer installed!

Okay, I went out and double checked it all this morning and the blocks are right, the axle is all the forward. I pulled out my tape measure so I could get an exact measurment and with the bike on the rear stand I get a total of 1/2'' of chain travel. 1/4'' up and 1/4'' down. It is the stock chain, stock front sproket, and a supersprox +4 rear sproket. Should I be checking this in a different way, like maybe with the bike on the ground? Still think it's too tight to ride until my new chain comes in? Im going to get a new chain but theres no way its going to be here in time for a ride I have planned for next weekend.

Is 1/2'' too tight to ride around on for a week or should I put it all back to stock? I have a new chain coming from Justin at Honda East.

Is 1/2'' too tight to ride around on for a week or should I put it all back to stock? I have a new chain coming from Justin at Honda East.

It's too tight to ride. If you are measuring it on the paddock stand, put it on the kick stand and measure it on the ground. I didn't see it in the thread, you did have the rear axel nut loose when you were adjusting the chain, right?

Im at -13.3%. that’s using the speedohealers stock setting of 5.5% factory error, stock size rear tire and front sprocket, and the +4 rear. I will see how close it is then decide if I want to mess with it more.

I finally installed the speedo healer that I bought months ago just last weekend and set it to -14.0. I'm running a plus 3 rear but believe the stock speedo on mine was off by more like 7-8% even before the sprocket change. Easy install when the plastics are already off for an oil change but the wire back to the unit in the trunk was just barely long enough. I had to try a couple of different routings before it was long enough to go where I wanted to mount it. Didn't run the top speed switch wire up to the front off the bike cause I don't like clutter and extra crap. I wound it up and tip tied it under the unit in the trunk. Nice to know again how much I "might" be speeding and not having extra miles that I haven't done racking up on the odometer.:thumbsup:

Back