spedohealer installed!

lil charlie

Registered
I finally got around to installing the 47T sprocket and Speedohealer I got from Pashnit. :cheerleader: For now I just used the stock setting of 5.5% for the amount of factory error; that will work for a while until I can barrow my buddies GPS and get it just right. I don’t know how long my chain will last because it’s super tight. One of the calculators I found on this board said you can go as high as +1/+5 and still use the stock chain so I figured I was good going 0/+4 but I don’t know. I guess we shall see. :beerchug:

I'm +3 on the rear and used the estimated setting for that sprocket on their web site and it turned out to be dead on in my case.

Easy to install?

Super easy to install and calibrate. You need to take the left side plastics off to access the Speedo sensor so I did it while my plastics were already off. It would have been a bigger project had I started from scratch but still not hard.

My wife works tonight so I have to watch the kids. It's killing me not to be able to test that +4 sproket out. Tomorrow its on like Donkey Kong!

Im at -13.3%. that’s using the speedohealers stock setting of 5.5% factory error, stock size rear tire and front sprocket, and the +4 rear. I will see how close it is then decide if I want to mess with it more.

A super tight chain is asking for trouble. It's going to limit rear suspension travel. You hit a hard bump at speed hang on, not to mention the stress on bearings, seals, shafts and axle.

A super tight chain is asking for trouble. It's going to limit rear suspension travel. You hit a hard bump at speed hang on, not to mention the stress on bearings, seals, shafts and axle.

How tight is too tight? It moves up and down but not the 3/4'' I read about on here. It's more like 1/4-5/16''.

The weird part is that I have room to loosen it up but I can't get the axel to move closer to the front wheel. If I crank the adjusters all the way in I get about ¼’’ of space between adjusters and the axel but can’t get it to move, even when its on the rear stand. I din’t know why so I tightened the adjusts where it sat and the chain is tight. Any thoughts?

The weird part is that I have room to loosen it up but I can't get the axel to move closer to the front wheel. If I crank the adjusters all the way in I get about ¼â€™â€™ of space between adjusters and the axel but can’t get it to move, even when its on the rear stand. I din’t know why so I tightened the adjusts where it sat and the chain is tight. Any thoughts?

Did you loosen the bar below the rear caliper?

Did you loosen the bar below the rear caliper?

The what? You talking about the bracket that the caliper bolts too and slides into the frame. If so then yes, the caliper wasn’t even bolted up when I was adjusting the chain. If that’s not what you were talking about then I’m completely lost

I would think that the axle is all the way forward in the swing arm. Are you sure of the counter sprocket size? The chain is the stock length? I would not run it with the chain that tight.

The what? You talking about the bracket that the caliper bolts too and slides into the frame. If so then yes, the caliper wasn’t even bolted up when I was adjusting the chain. If that’s not what you were talking about then I’m completely lost

i think he ment the brake bar. not the brake hangerthat the axle goes through. I don't see how that would stop the tire from being adjusted more... do you have your adjustment blocks on backward? i have done this then realised it and had to pull axle back out a bit and turn em around. the big side (if that makes sense) of the adjustor block should be facing front of bike not rear. not sure if this is the case but it's my 2cents:thumbsup: hope you get er fixed up man, and yeah, that chain is too tight at 1/4 inch or so travel

Hey Charlie that tight chain is definitly going to cost you some cash down the road if it is too tight.

That's what I'm thinking too. You may want to correct that soon...perhaps a masterlink as a quick fix until a permanent fix?

Back