Speaking of the 80's...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
or better yet the last eight-track? For me I believe the last album was Queen and 8 track (don't laugh) Elvis....

Dayum... Birthdays always make me think about this stuff.

OMG...you mean the last album? As in vinyl? Wow...I think I was 15 or 16? Bought the soundtrack to "Labyrinth" because I'm a Bowie fan and he was in that movie, did the entire soundtrack...

Purple Rain on vinyl too...even came with a poster!!
wink.gif

Wow, can't believe I even remember them...

Yea, unfortunately that's exactly what I meant! Sorry folks, Looking for Vinyl here....
I was worried folks wouldn't remember what vinyl is/was. My kids have no idea!
rock.gif

Yea, unfortunately that's exactly what I meant! Sorry folks, Looking for Vinyl here....
rock.gif
I almost slipped up...typed in the last two CD's I bought, then reread your title...I'm slow, but I got it...
laugh.gif

For those that don't know what vinyl was...
laugh.gif

vinyl.jpg

laugh.gif

I wonder what the last vinyl release was? Hrmmm...someone find that out, will ya?
smile.gif

Seeing that picture takes me back to that time period! Agh...... got to love that 80's hair

I was about 12 or 13 when Duran Duran was just getting HUGE, and there was a local guy that looked just like Simon LeBon (did I spell that right?)...anyway, my heart would just skip a beat whenever I saw him...

...and all the late nights for a pre-teen, staying up to watch "Friday Night Videos" because I didn't have "my MTV"...wow, a lifetime ago...

AND, I am embarrassed to admit I was so in love with the lead guy from Duran Duran. Feel free to bash away...I was young and didn't know better...
blush.gif

Um... Dude???

Last CD? 12 Stones.... Fugging completely horrible no-talent garbage... I got suckered...

rock.gif
I almost slipped up...typed in the last two CD's I bought, then reread your title...I'm slow, but I got it...
laugh.gif

For those that don't know what vinyl was...
laugh.gif
so that's what a vinyl looks like.....Thanks Michelle.....

since I've never owned one I had to delete my previous post...

laugh.gif

I'm a little too young...
blush.gif
The last vinyl I bought was the Alvin & the Chipmunks ROck & Roll album. It had Alvin singing "Whip It". It was my favorite until I was about 10.
biggrin.gif

Last album I purchased in the 80's was from the Cover Girls entitled "Show Me..." Damn, that poop brought back some memories. When I was able to start purchasing music on my own, 8-tracks were diminishing and the cassette age was rockin'.
wink.gif

WHOA....vinyl! Never bought one of those before....damn player was broken. Momma had a decent collection, though.

I wonder if I can go fish it up....

Yeah.. my dad has a great collection of Motown on vinyl. He rolls them out every now and then and we listen to them. He still has a functional player!
laugh.gif

Hi there,

Just caught up with this thread. Last piece of vinyl I bought (probably in the 80s) was an album by a Scots lassie, Maggie Bell entitled "Suicide Sal". She fronted a blues group from I think the 70s called "Stone The Crows".

Over the pond, you are unlikely to have had a British TV programme called "Taggart" about gritty Glaswegian detective. Great programme and Maggie Bell sang the signature tune, No Mean City (ie Glasgow) - regrettably not released as a single or album entry.

cheers

Delboybusa

Dark Side of the Moon, master cut. still have it along with my Denon turntable w/ moving coil cartrige....

Back