Speaking of PCIII's...

Scooter

Registered
I have a line on a used PCIIIUSB for $150. The seller might not have the software or manual anymore, but I think all that can be downloaded.

Good deal or no?

Also, would it even be worth it if my bike is stock except for Yoshi cans and a 42Tsprocket?

Manual doesn't matter. Plug and play.
Software can be downloaded off of the websites.
Seems like a pretty good buy.

Yeah that's a good deal... You aren't going to see Huge gains or anything but download a map and you will probably see smoother throttle response and it might feel a bit more responsive.

sounds like a great deal
cool.gif

Yeah that's a good deal... You aren't going to see Huge gains or anything but download a map and you will probably see smoother throttle response and it might feel a bit more responsive.
+1... It made a nice improvement in smoothness, shifting, and rideability in general on Train but no real power gains with the stock exhaust. I have to say that the improved shifting smoothness on the busa was enough to make the PCIIIR (I haven't used a USB version but should be similar) worth every penny. And if you have, or go with an aftermarket exhaust it can make a nice difference when mapped for the exhaust. Train felt like a monster with the Brock track map and the BDE/Hindle.
biggrin.gif

Tahes a great deal. And when you decide to upgrade your exhaust and other things, you will already have your PC3.

Basic 7 step process:

1) Attach 9 volt battery (temporary for programing) and USB Cable.
2) Install Power Commander Control Center V 3.1.3 downloaded from Dyno-jet to your computer .
3) Download correct map for your configuration.
4) Connect USB cable to your computer and establish communication with Power Commander Control Center
5) Load downloaded map into Power Commander Control Center and "send map" to Power commander module.
6) Install Power commander into your bike (without the 9 volt battery or USB cable).
7) Manually adjust fuel mixture with buttons on the unit (optional but fun to play with).

just make sure the PC3 IS a usb and FOR your bike and model
Hey JC is the USB model better than the older PC3r models? Do you have a minute to give us a comparison i.e. advantages/disadvantages between the two?? ... thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
The 3r allows for timing changes as well as fuel mapping. The USB has more finite mapping ability but no timing changes. The USB has 500rpm cell increments...3r is 1000 rpm increments for fuel mapping. Most will find the usb adequate. You can add an ignition module to the usb at any time. The 3r would be cheaper than the other 2 modules combined if you need the timing capability.

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135387427 -->

Hey JC is the USB model better than the older PC3r models? Do you have a minute to give us a comparison i.e. advantages/disadvantages between the two?? ... thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
The 3r allows for timing changes as well as fuel mapping. The USB has more finite mapping ability but no timing changes. The USB has 500rpm cell increments...3r is 1000 rpm increments for fuel mapping. Most will find the usb adequate. You can add an ignition module to the usb at any time. The 3r would be cheaper than the other 2 modules combined if you need the timing capability.
Isn't mapping increments on the USB 250 RPMS and 500 on the 3R?

One question for JC.
Can you just copy the numbers from the map to another PC.
Say my HMF map that was made for a USB to a 3R or vice versa?

Isn't mapping increments on the USB 250 RPMS and 500 on the 3R?
I stand corrected.....I believe you are right sir.

Okay I think I've got it. The biggest difference is the ability to do more detailed mapping by rpm increment in the PC3USB versus the lesser rpm increments in the PC3R. Thanks guys!

Cool ... I see there are advantages and disadvantages then ... more rpm definitions capability with the new usb, but cheaper ignition timing capability with the 3R.

One question for JC.
Can you just copy the numbers from the map to another PC.
Say my HMF map that was made for a USB to a 3R or vice versa?
Bump for the above question.
pc3-pc3 but not pc2-pc3
also the usb allows for seperate cylinder mapping
So can a map made for a PC3USB be put on a PC3R by copying the numbers?
I think that is what you are saying, but just want to make positive before I do it.
Thanks JC.

Back