Speaking of IPODs,  Check out the MOBIblu...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Only one gig but super cool.

mobiblu-dah-1500-hold.jpg

$129 for one Gig $99 for 512. Far as I am concerned 1Gig is plenty big for my needs. You can get them at umm... "Wal-Mart" dot com of all things.

Another Shot.  1" square cube, and according to anything but Ipod.com it's sound quality rivals the best out there.

0080872800115_500X500.jpg

I'm thinking killer stocking stuffers.

Well that is a consideration. 1" square, you do not want to let it off the leash.

did you notice the iPod control wheel?? I do like it. Just to small for my taste. would look cool on your desk at work with some speakers pluged into it

neat toy Rev...very neat.

My lil house mouse bought me a Tungsten T2 for Jesus's Birthday.

I got 2 extra cards with it , a gig each. So now its my mp3 player as well as keepin' track of where I'm supposed to be.The ol' brain bucket doesn't seem to have a large capacity for memory these days so I let my palm do it 4 me.
it does 45 other things too, but I wont bore you with them.

palm_tungsten_2_01.jpg

I got 2 extra cards with it , a gig each. So now its my mp3 player as well as keepin' track of where I'm supposed to be.The ol' brain bucket doesn't seem to have a large capacity for memory these days so I let my palm do it 4 me.
Hell yeah...pda is the way to go.

My old 400 mhz Dell Axim X5 has hundreds of MP3's on it along with quite a few movies. I encode movies with PocketDivX so I can have all the MP3s along with 6 to 8 full length high quality movies on a 2.2 Gig CF microdrive and still have room left over. The separate SD card slot holds all the other programs and games and I really haven't even touched the internal 64 and 48 megs of memory.

Of course the WiFi access and bluetooth is sweet. Being able to stream Shoutcast just adds to the entertainment value.
I'll never understand why PDA's never really took off and yet some overpriced/overhyped MP3 player like the iPod is on everyones wish list.

Hell yeah...pda is the way to go.

My old 400 mhz Dell Axim X5 has hundreds of MP3's on it along with quite a few movies.  I encode movies with PocketDivX so I can have all the MP3s along with 6 to 8 full length high quality movies on a 2.2 Gig CF microdrive and still have room left over.  The separate SD card slot holds all the other programs and games and I really haven't even touched the internal 64 and 48 megs of memory.

Of course the WiFi access and bluetooth is sweet.  Being able to stream Shoutcast just adds to the entertainment value.
I'll never understand why PDA's never really took off and yet some overpriced/overhyped MP3 player like the iPod is on everyones wish list.
ya...it is odd eh Turbo.

Pocketdivx eh turbo? Is it grueling to load an upload?

free trial of that sofware somewhere?

I was considering an ipod shuffle but ultimately wound up going with a Sony Network Walkman....only 1 gig and about the size of a bic lighter...but that 1 gig holds 3 times the songs of a 1 gig ipod shuffle...ipod holds 240 but the Sony Network Walkman holds 695 songs due to the software converting the MP3 music files into a compressed "ATRAC" format..I also prefered the controls much better which comes in the form of a 3 position thumb toggle which allows you to just twist your way through playlists and then at the 2nd position?...click your way through the tracks of the selected playlist...and for bonus points?....it has a scrolling text screen....a 50 hour lithium/ion battery (which re-charges right through the usb at a rate of 1 hour battery life per minute) annnnnd...an FM stereo tuner with auto seek and 20 presets....which to me was quite a lot of mp3 player for it's $159 cost....sound is awesome and I regulary ride with it wired to my head...rock'in annnnd....roll'in.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

smile.gif
Just an update, the wife loves her little bitty player, it functions as an additional hard drive so loading new music or files is dead easy, it has an FM reciever that works well, and also functions as a thumb drive and a voice recorder, best part, costs $129. So hell get a few in different colors.
wink.gif

The PDA is going to be a lot more useful though, good stuff Rubbah.

Oh BTW man, I got someting I want to mail to ya, will ya PM me your address?
wink.gif

wink.gif

Thanks Bro, keep a look out remember I am a lazy bastid but I'll shout when I get it in the mail.
smile.gif

Back