Spark plug question...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Changed my plugs...They were black...Can't remember what black indicates...Is it to much fuel or to little...Plugs should be brown, right...

no prob stunnah....go in small incraments with yer PC , one line means alot if ya know what I mean . Better rich than poor....kiddin' , better rich than lean , rich means foul'd plugs,dirty exhaust,etc....lean means she gets hotter,burns valves,etc.....you know the drill . Gettin' on a dyno is , contrary to popular belief , not the exact best way to tune.
An EGA , exhaust gas annalizer ,coupled with a dyno is actually the way to go...but who's got access to that.
My GUESS....she's rich in the bottom,lean in the middle,most likely ok up top . I'm guessin you've got an' aftermarket exhaust,probably a K&N filter. Those Power Commanders always seem rich in the basement . Lean up yer low , wipe the black crud outa yer tail pipe , go 4 a blast an see how she is when ya get home . Remember....small increments....just like suspension tuning....its tedious....but it pays off in the end .
Have a good night.....RSD.

Back