Spamming the scammers

AJAY

Registered
Saw this on Craigslist this morning. Will post any responses to my email if they come in.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

i noticed on the craigslist spammers ...if you have a ipod or iphone and you zoom in on some of those adds in a just off white font you will see long lists of names addresses and phone numbers of people that have responded...sometimes hundreds per add!!@!!

Ok, did not expect this reponse. Sure this is a scam, but he sure knows how to tug the heartstrings.

Hello,

Thanks for being interested in buying my 2005 Harley-Davidson Softail. It`s in perfect condition,no scratches,damages and never been implicated in any accidents,never laid off. It has only*6,225 miles, 1450cc engine size and it`s a cruiser bike.
I'm selling the bike because my 21's years old son died 2 months ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. He was with his fiancee's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday. It was his bike and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it as soon as possible.
The price that I'm asking is $2500
Here are the pictures with the bike : http://s1.pb.com/albums/cc386/2005_Harley-Davidson_Softail_05/
Just let me know if you are still interested and where are you located.
Thanks!
Richard,

So here is how I responded (dropping the bad spelling and grammar)
Dear Richard,

I dont know how to respond to your story, but if you want it out, I am very happy to buy your son's bike. I cannot imagine your grief.

If you have the title, we can make this go very quickly. *Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks, John

As absurd as this all is, half of me is hoping the story is legit so I can buy this bike. Not that I want the story to be true! Can you believe I'm getting sucked into this tale. :rofl:

It actually could be legit and he just doesnt know about it, when my brother died my parents pretty much gave most of his stuff away just to have it out of sight

It actually could be legit and he just doesnt know about it, when my brother died my parents pretty much gave most of his stuff away just to have it out of sight
I'm with you brother. The biggest hint to me is that he asked me where I'm located. That tells me that he is posting this in many locations.

Like I said, part of me wants it to be real so I can get a great deal. But the human in me makes this want to be be a scam because I really can't imagine losing my son this way.

:poke: get um. i do the same thing when im bored. last week i had a hayabusa for $2600 in wyoming. i e-mailed the seller. her response was she was in moose turd canada and got it in the divorce. i replied "groovy, i have alot of friends in canada real close to moose turd, and one of them can bring the mounties to your place to check it out and pick up the bike for me.":laugh:

:whistle: no reply! go figgure.
but i think of it this way. for every minute they are messin with me, they can't mess with someone that doesn't know what they are, SCUM!

:whistle: and if it's not, i just may have bought a 05 busa w/6500mi on it for $2600.:poke: i know some of yall in canada like me, ??? dont ya? :rofl:

keep scammin the scammers! ever ask if they will take a 3 party check from Nigeria?

I did that this week as well. A cool Harley for too cheap. I inquired just in case, but of course... a scam. The guy wrote me back that he lives in Oxford,ME. I live in Austin, TX and of course, saw it on Austin Craigs. He said we could do an e bay type transaction since I live far away most likely. I looked at a map of Maine and told him I lived down the road 15 minutes in Auburn, ME and I'll be over with cash. Never heard back...:laugh:

I've got 2 on craigs now. I AM gonna beat these scammers if the situation presents itself I been offering them 1/2 price just to show up for their FUBAR beatdown.

I played with a few in the past and my "Gottcha" email would read like this.

No worries, I have an airplane and will be in your area one day next week. Just bring the bike to the airport (The airport nearest the scammer's indicated location) I'll bring cash and if the bike is what you say, you can sign the title collect your cash and I'll bring the bike home.

The usual would be never to hear from them again, so sorry I sold it this morning or I must have a payment through ebay etc. I think most of these scammers are located in foreign country's.

Glad I read your responses today. :thumbsup:

Here's the response I got today about the bike. Still working on my response....

Hello again ,

Right now i`m in Helena,MT (the bike is here with me ) because i got a new job here . We will use eBay Buyer Protection Program, so we can both be protected and insured . I just need your full name , full address so eBay can send you the invoice in which you'll see how to make this transaction . I supposed to ship the bike to another buyer, then he told me that he found another vehicle so is no longer interested . He already paid the shipping charges . The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the bike with all the papers( title , vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) . You will get a 5 days testing period after delivery . During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money . If you want to buy it, send me your info so we can proceed.

Thank you,
Richard

Let's see how he responds to this one:

Wow! Someone already paid the shipping and they backed out?!! Its really kool that you are willing to ship it to me.

Where is MT? Is that missorri? I'm in Virginia, but I have a cousin in KC and maybe he can go see the bike. Can you send me the bikes ID VIN number? I can check carfacts and make sure every thing is good. OK?

I wish I could see it first. Maybe cousin Rick can see it for me first but if not I guess your ebay plan will be OK cause it sounds like you know a lot more about this than I do. But I dont have ebay so can they bill me?

Ok, lets do this. You are getting rid of ur sons bike and I am gettign a grate deal. Kool!

Thanks a bunch! John

Ok, I need some help here. Not sure what to write back (since I really want this bike, don't want to get scammed! :rofl: / sarcasm mode off:/)

Here's the latest reply from my good friend in Montana:

If you are interested in finding more details about the whole process please send me your full name and shipping address so I can open a case with ebay.As soon as I have your details I will ask ebay to contact you and let you know what you have to do regarding this deal. Don`t worry in case you won`t like this transaction you can cancel it whenever you want and you will be charged with nothing.

Regards!!!

How much more should I mess with this worthless b@st@rd? Thinking I should get him working on this and then I will have all sorts of trouble paying him, but keep insisting that I really want the bike. Any suggestions for my next email?

when i figure out they are scammers I inform them i have sent their name and email to the authorities and that's usually the last I hear from em. my spam if full of this crap. if they would put half the effort that goes into this into a real job they would be well off ...:laugh:

Back