Spacer plate or full build?

busakiller

Registered
I love you turbo gen 2 now with it's tune. Yes I know it could have a better tune in it. But where I am located it was my only option. Plus I didn't know if the bike needed just a tune. So now the bike is running better. I have gotten use to the power already. Itching for more.....

So the wife really wants me to go to Texas to do the standing mile. But since I am down there I would like to get it retuned by boosted performance. So do I go spacer plate and stainless valves and push it on that? I would have to think 300 whp would be plenty. I would like to build the motor for more but then I would have to get a boost controller and other things. So that would drive the cost up more then what I want to spend.

Who has stock motor but set up to push to the 300 plus mark. Are you happy with it?

I love you turbo gen 2 now with it's tune. Yes I know it could have a better tune in it. But where I am located it was my only option. Plus I didn't know if the bike needed just a tune. So now the bike is running better. I have gotten use to the power already. Itching for more.....

So the wife really wants me to go to Texas to do the standing mile. But since I am down there I would like to get it retuned by boosted performance. So do I go spacer plate and stainless valves and push it on that? I would have to think 300 whp would be plenty. I would like to build the motor for more but then I would have to get a boost controller and other things. So that would drive the cost up more then what I want to spend.

Who has stock motor but set up to push to the 300 plus mark. Are you happy with it?

Tear the motor down rebuild for more boost. If you dont want to spend the money your issue is real simple. Make more money

How much horse power are you running? If it isn't tuned right you probably wont enjoy it at any level. I loved my 236hp tune for years. It was tuned right by a real pro. (Mike @ Quik cycles).

Right now it's making 255 whp. Bike runs great other then it has a dead stop. When cruising at low rom and low throttle it has a dead stop. But other then that runs much better then it did before. Would like to have frank or rob tune it sometime when I am able to travel or have money to ship it.

You don't need that much money if you by good used,make some stuff yourself,and do all labor :)

If you just want 300 or little more,go to hardware store.....by a piece of aluminum for about 10$...go home and take block off,use stock base gasket as template,and cut out new Base gasket......bolt it up,and turn boost up and tune....that's what I do

Last edited:
Common down to Texas, I’ll take care of ya!

I do more stock motors with base spacer, valves and springs then full built motors I’m willing to bet. But they all usually end up right at or just over 300hp. I’ve never had one come back with bent rods or melted pistons. But the key to the longevity is all in the tune.

This bike here went 213mph with a 400lb suited rider in Lorning with around 280-290hp. 1.5 mile run, 25 seconds of wot, and 400lb rider if the stock stuff wasnt up to the task I feel like we would of broke something by then. But nope, still running like a champ to this date.

You don't need that much money if you by good used,make some stuff yourself,and do all labor :)

If you just want 300 or little more,go to hardware store.....by a piece of aluminum for about 10$...go home and take block off,use stock base gasket as template,and cut out new Base gasket......bolt it up,and turn boost up and tune....that's what I do
c'mon man... lets see the bike and dyno results

Common down to Texas, I’ll take care of ya!

I do more stock motors with base spacer, valves and springs then full built motors I’m willing to bet. But they all usually end up right at or just over 300hp. I’ve never had one come back with bent rods or melted pistons. But the key to the longevity is all in the tune.

This bike here went 213mph with a 400lb suited rider in Lorning with around 280-290hp. 1.5 mile run, 25 seconds of wot, and 400lb rider if the stock stuff wasnt up to the task I feel like we would of broke something by then. But nope, still running like a champ to this date.

I would love to come to texas. Thinking about doing the standing mile this fall. What kind of turn around time would I be looking at?

Screenshots_2018-08-10-01-32-58.png

My budget zx11 efi , secondary injectors,bmw water to air,welded on(one side of a x5 twin turbo)50 used,...not a big intercooler,but hope it helps,315cc primary...500cc secondary

Microsquirt with boost controller for now,I like the megassquirt with "boost per gear" ....but doing this on budget....didnt read boosted cycles post till now...lol

But im having fun :)

Last edited:
Back